Our take: Despite promising to take his campaign all the way to the Republican National Convention, Newt Gingrich has conceded that Mitt Romney is the most likely Republican nominee. The Atlantic Wire ran a story outlining Gingrich's thought as his campaign winds down.
For a moment, Newt Gingrich could picture an amazing improbable victory for himself. But even Newt thinks that is not to be. Gingrich is but a shadow of the anti-Mitt Romney warrior he was only months ago. A couple weeks ago he said he was going all the way to the Republican National Convention in Tampa; on Sunday he admitted Romney is "far and away the most likely Republican nominee."
- 2 cops in New York City ambushed, fatally...
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by to watch
- 9 films advance in Oscars shortlist for best...
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,...
- 'Hobbit' goes out on top with $90.6 million...
- What people never mention when they talk...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 32
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 16
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 8