Our take: Despite promising to take his campaign all the way to the Republican National Convention, Newt Gingrich has conceded that Mitt Romney is the most likely Republican nominee. The Atlantic Wire ran a story outlining Gingrich's thought as his campaign winds down.
For a moment, Newt Gingrich could picture an amazing improbable victory for himself. But even Newt thinks that is not to be. Gingrich is but a shadow of the anti-Mitt Romney warrior he was only months ago. A couple weeks ago he said he was going all the way to the Republican National Convention in Tampa; on Sunday he admitted Romney is "far and away the most likely Republican nominee."
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters...
- Bridezilla, meet 'Bridechilla'
- Obama announces new birth control fixes for...
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common Core
- Deported Mexicans find new life at call centers
- How poverty plays a role in Ferguson
- Photographer is using portraits to combat...
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 119
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 29
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban... 17
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 15