file, AP Photo/David Goldman
WASHINGTON — GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum's campaign says his hospitalized daughter is recovering and could be released soon.
Santorum spokesman Hogan Gidley said Monday that 3-year-old Bella could be released from a northern Virginia hospital by the end of the day.
She was hospitalized Friday. Her father did not campaign Monday so he could be with his daughter, who suffers from a rare genetic condition.
Bella was hospitalized earlier this year with pneumonia. Her father faces an uphill battle against front-runner Mitt Romney in the race for the Republican presidential nomination. Santorum often says Bella wasn't expected to live beyond her first birthday.
- AirAsia plane carrying 162 lost in stormy...
- Cancer patient turns big goodbye to wedding...
- Box Office: 'Hobbit' wins Christmas, 'Big...
- Heroes 2014: Meet the disruptive visionary...
- Yes-We-Can president faces twilight of maybes
- What the Senate’s tax break extensions...
- Key developments in disappearance of AirAsia jet
- Q&A on what might have happened to AirAsia...
- Obama 's Christmas in Hawaii: Carols,... 16
- Yes-We-Can president faces twilight of... 14
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan... 13
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 11
- N. Korea compares Obama to monkey in... 10
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 7
- Largest quarterly GDP growth since 2003... 7
- Jeb Bush to step down from Tenet... 5