file, AP Photo/David Goldman
WASHINGTON — GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum's campaign says his hospitalized daughter is recovering and could be released soon.
Santorum spokesman Hogan Gidley said Monday that 3-year-old Bella could be released from a northern Virginia hospital by the end of the day.
She was hospitalized Friday. Her father did not campaign Monday so he could be with his daughter, who suffers from a rare genetic condition.
Bella was hospitalized earlier this year with pneumonia. Her father faces an uphill battle against front-runner Mitt Romney in the race for the Republican presidential nomination. Santorum often says Bella wasn't expected to live beyond her first birthday.
- Utah humanitarian aid worker returns from...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold line on...
- New dynasty: Giants capture 3rd title in 5 years
- Israeli leader lashes back at harsh US criticism
- Gunfire, arrests erupt as Giants fans revel...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution is not...
- Maine in standoff with nurse over Ebola...
- Cause sought for space-supply rocket explosion
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 62
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 37
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 30
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 20
- Obama on Ebola fight: US can't seal... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- George P. Bush says dad Jeb Bush is... 15
- Israeli leader lashes back at harsh US... 13