PA) UNITED KINGDOM OUT, AP Photo/Owen Humphreys
LONDON — Manchester United surged closer to a 20th English title on Sunday by beating Queens Park Rangers 2-0 before floundering neighbor Manchester City lost 1-0 at Arsenal.
Having spent most of the season in City's shadow in the Premier League, United is now eight points clear with six games remaining and on course to extend its title record.
Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes scored for United at Old Trafford after QPR had Shaun Derry sent off in the 15th minute.
City striker Mario Balotelli escaped a red card after 10 minutes at Arsenal but was dismissed in the 90th after receiving a second booking for another lunge on Bacary Sagna.
Three minutes earlier, Mikel Arteta had curled the ball home to clinch Arsenal's win.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21