2. V. Hoath/A. Polyakova (UP) def. M. Anderson/D. Tran (BYU), 7-6
3. A. Paul/L. Waldron (BYU) def. G. Gorence/S. Fuchs (UP), 8-4
1. Desiree Tran (BYU) def. Anastasia Polyakova (UP), 7-6(9-7), 6-2
2. Morgan Anderson (BYU) def. Sabine Fuchs (UP), 7-5, 6-4
3. Valeska Hoath (UP) def. Meghan Sheehan-Dizon (BYU), 4-6, 6-1, 6-4
4. Megan Price (BYU) def. Alice Tucker (UP), 6-3, 6-4
5. Aubrey Paul (BYU) def. Emily Mahairas (UP), 6-3, 6-4
6. Gabrielle Gorence (UP) def. Andie Young (BYU), 6-2, 7-6(4)
SAN JOSE STATE 5, UTAH STATE 2: At Honolulu, junior Jaci West and freshman McKenzie Davis started things off right by defeating San Jose State's Sebastiani Leon Chao and Erica Medlin 8-3 and junior Kristina Voytsekhovich and senior Romina Nedakovic also won, 8-2.
In singles action, Davis got back on track at the No. 1 position, defeating Chau Truong in straight sets, 6-3, 6-4.
1. Jaci West/McKenzie Davis (USU) def. Sebastiani Leon Chao/Erica Medlin (SJSU) 8-3
2. Kristina Voytsekhovich/Romina Nedakovic (USU) def. Chau Truong/Alexis Marquez (SJSU) 8-2
3. Isadora Busch/Jessica Willett (SJSU) def. Julie Tukuafu/Brianna Rowland (Harris) (USU) 8-7
1. McKenzie Davis (USU) def. Chau Truong (SJSU) 6-3, 6-4
2. Sebastiani Leon Chao (SJSU) def. Jaci West (USU) 6-1, 6-2
3. Erica Medlin (SJSU) def. Kristina Voytsekhovich (USU) 6-0, 6-2
4. Jessica Willett (SJSU) def. Romina Nedakovic (USU) 6-3, 3-6, 6-4
5. Isadora Busch (SJSU) def. Monica Abella (USU) 6-3, 6-1
6. Alexis Marquez (SJSU) def. Julie Tukuafu (USU) 6-1, 6-4
Track & field
UTAH: At Palo Alto, Calif., Andrea Chavez finished the 800 meters in 2:13.00 for 50th overall at the Stanford Invitational.
UTAH STATE: At Logan, Sonia Grabowska won the pole vault [3.98 meters (13-003/4)], Spela Hus won the shot put [14.45 meters (47-05.00)] and Lindsey Spencer won the discus [51.48 meters (168-11)] at the Don Kirby Invitational.
At the Stanford Invitational, senior Daniel Howell placed ninth (8:481/4) in the top section of the 3,000-meter steeplechase while Aaron Clements captured fifth-place in the third section of the same event (9:02.43).
WEBER STATE: At Palo, Alto, Calif., Sarah Callister continued her dominating season by setting a new school and conference record in the 10,000 meters, posting a time of 32:51.17, which shattered the school record by 25 seconds. Amber Henry also set a school record by posting a time of 4:193/4 in the 1,500 meters, which ranks as fourth best in Big Sky history.
ASU THUNDERBIRD INVITATIONAL: At Tempe, Ariz., Zac Blair finished fifth, leading the BYU men's golf team to a seventh-place finish.
Blair's (5-under 208) finish marks the third consecutive tournament he has placed in the top five individually.
Freshman Devon Purser and sophomore Cole Ogden tied for the lowest score in the final round for BYU as both shot 2-under 69. Purser eagled the par-5 No. 14, however, the Cougars were unable to make up ground on the leaders of the pack.
No. 3 California won the tournament with a 17-under 835.
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Video: Former BYU outfielder Jacob...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 87
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 49
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 27
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8