LAS VEGAS — The wife of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is recovering from stage 2 breast cancer and chemotherapy.
Reid said in Las Vegas this week that his wife, Landra, had six more weeks of radiation to finish her treatment. Reid notes that he hadn't visited Nevada often since he announced in September 2011 that his wife was diagnosed with cancer and was receiving chemotherapy in Washington, D.C.
He says he returned to his home state this week while the Senate is on Easter break because his wife was "doing really well." He says he would be "coming home more" because of her improvement.
During his wife's cancer treatment, Reid oversaw major policy debates in the Senate on health care, taxes and the federal budget.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 37
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 26
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17