LAS VEGAS — The wife of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is recovering from stage 2 breast cancer and chemotherapy.
Reid said in Las Vegas this week that his wife, Landra, had six more weeks of radiation to finish her treatment. Reid notes that he hadn't visited Nevada often since he announced in September 2011 that his wife was diagnosed with cancer and was receiving chemotherapy in Washington, D.C.
He says he returned to his home state this week while the Senate is on Easter break because his wife was "doing really well." He says he would be "coming home more" because of her improvement.
During his wife's cancer treatment, Reid oversaw major policy debates in the Senate on health care, taxes and the federal budget.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7