LAS VEGAS — The wife of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is recovering from stage 2 breast cancer and chemotherapy.
Reid said in Las Vegas this week that his wife, Landra, had six more weeks of radiation to finish her treatment. Reid notes that he hadn't visited Nevada often since he announced in September 2011 that his wife was diagnosed with cancer and was receiving chemotherapy in Washington, D.C.
He says he returned to his home state this week while the Senate is on Easter break because his wife was "doing really well." He says he would be "coming home more" because of her improvement.
During his wife's cancer treatment, Reid oversaw major policy debates in the Senate on health care, taxes and the federal budget.
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- 'One drink, one time': New research shows...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- Police say unlicensed massage therapist...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 49
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 33
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 17
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15
- Bishop, Chaffetz say EPA knew spill... 15
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 15