Guards: Devin Harris shot the lights out of the EnergySolutions Arena from 3-point range, draining five bombs for the Jazz. His hot shooting forced the Warriors out of their zone defense, Utah's nemesis, and opened up the rest of the offense. The Jazz didn't get Gordon Hayward involved enough early on, but he regrouped and contributed. For Golden State, Charles Jenkins went silent after a solid start. Klay Thompson was just the opposite, as he shot the Warriors back into the game late in the fourth quarter. He scored 21 of his 23 points after halftime.
Forwards: Paul Millsap and C.J. Miles both toughed it out despite playing with flu-like symptoms. It was obvious that both players were at less than 100 percent, but give them credit for not sitting out. They did what they could to help. Dorell Wright was awful for Golden State, shooting 3-for-12. David Lee was the opposite, showing off a deft shooting touch and the ability to track down rebounds.
Centers: Al Jefferson was another player who toughed out the game at less than 100 percent. Despite a strained abdominal muscle, he had 30 points and 11 rebounds. Rookie Jeremy Tyler had a nice game for Golden State, scoring a career-high 14 points with five rebounds.
Bench: Coach Tyrone Corbin shortened his rotation, mainly using just Derrick Favors, Earl Watson and Jamaal Tinsley off the bench. Watson and Tinsley were the most effective reserves, sharing time on the court with fellow point guard Harris, and even with each other. Golden State's bench outscored Utah's 21-18, but it didn't spark the Warriors to a victory.
Overall: The Jazz showed what a tough team they are with Jefferson, Millsap and Miles all fighting through ailments. Utah also fought back from a double-digit deficit in the first half to pull out the victory. The Jazz's playoff hopes stayed alive with a fairly solid overall effort.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Utah State caps historic season with win over...
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 48
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 40
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28