Utah Jazz use gutsy performance to beat Golden State Warriors, 104-98
Because of Miles' illness and rookie Alec Burks' inexperience, Corbin matched a pair of the Jazz's three point guards — Harris, Watson and Jamaal Tinsley — together for extended periods of time.
"This time of year, we just can't afford to wait. They went to a zone on us and we were spinning a little bit," Corbin said. "We went with the veteran group of guys just because they know how to play against it. We were small, but you know what, they did a great job of just fighting guys off the spots."
Power forward David Lee (26 points, 12 rebounds) and rookie guard Klay Thompson (23 points) had big games for undermanned Golden State, which didn't exactly look like it would send the Jazz a "Tank You" card by the way it fought throughout the night.
But, despite all the injuries and illnesses, the banged-up and ailing Jazz did what they needed to snap out of their recent funk that saw them lose their last two home games and five of seven overall.
"This time of year, especially, most guys are aching in some kind of way. If you want an excuse not to play, you can find it easy," Corbin said when talking about Millsap's gutsiness before the game. "If you love what you're doing and you're willing to be responsible to your teammates and the character of you as a person, you fight through those things."
The Jazz's next face a challenge even bigger than their medical woes — a Sunday-Monday duel with the Western Conference-leading San Antonio Spurs.
Don't expect anybody on Utah's team to call in sick for either of those games.
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 116
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 76
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 76
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 35
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion probable... 32
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 27
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners... 27
- Going the distance: BYU, Big 12 aren't... 23