Jeff Roberson, Associated Press
ST. LOUIS — Mike Smith made 31 saves in another stingy start, helping the Phoenix Coyotes take the Pacific Division lead with a 4-1 victory over the suddenly beatable St. Louis Blues on Friday night.
Patrik Berglund's rebound goal in the first period ended Smith's shutout streak at 234:25 and tied it at 1, but Smith was perfect the rest of the way. The Coyotes won their fourth in a row and extended the Blues' season-worst winless streak to four games in St. Louis' home finale.
Keith Yandle, Radim Vrbata, Shane Doan and Mikkel Boedker scored for Phoenix, and Antoine Vermette had two assists. The Coyotes, who've won the last four by a combined 14-1, can win the first division title in franchise history with a victory in the regular-season finale Saturday night at Minnesota.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 43
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 36
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25