"We have a lot of respect for Utah," said Smyth. "You can never look past them no matter what their or our records are and we know they will be up for the big game this Saturday. We'll have to be on our best to make sure the game goes as we hope."
As both teams line up for the Wasatch Cup 2012 each team will know their efforts will likely lead to an inside track towards a potential championship game at Rio Tinto Stadium on May 19th, with the victor likely owning the rights to the #1 seed from the Western Conference.
"What ever their [Cal Berkeley's] reason for dropping out was," said Smyth,"It doesn't change our goals or objectives and winning the Wasatch Cup is one of the first part of those."
BYU and Utah will kick-off the Wasatch Cup 2012 this Saturday, April 7th at 1pm MT.
Tickets can be bought at the gate for $10 for adults, $5 for students with kids under the age of 12 being free. Groups of 20+ can get in for $2 per person.
Rugby fans will be entertained by a curtain-raiser match at 11am between Lowland Rugby Club and Wasatch Ravens 7th and 8th grade teams before the kick-off between Utah and BYU. Gates open at 10.30am for the curtain-raiser match and cost for admission is $5 for all who arrive before 11.30am.
For more information on Wasatch Cup go towww.wasatchcup.com.
*WASATCH CUP PAST RESULTS* - 2011: BYU 40 UTAH 22 - 2010: BYU 15 UTAH 10 - 2009: BYU 59 UTAH 15 - 2008: BYU 30 UTAH 27 - 2007: BYU 21 UTAH 20 - 2006: BYU 39 UTAH 3 - 2005: UTAH 17 BYU 15 - 2004: BYU 32 UTAH 19
Wasatch Cup rugby
No. 4 Utah at
No. 1 BYU
Saturday April 7th, 1 p.m.
South Field, Provo
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe talks...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- After years of working and dreaming, BYU...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- Jazz lose 106-103 heartbreaker to the...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 113
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends... 71
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 68
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 47
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 37
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37