Six years ago, Sen. Orrin Hatch stressed seniority in his re-election bid just as he is now. He emphasized how he could serve Utah best as chairman of the Senate Judicial Committee. He was re-elected and appointed chairman.
Then unaccountably, he was replaced by Arlen Specter, an abrasive, ineffective chairman who later deserted the Republican Party and was not re-elected. I wrote to Hatch asking how this could have happened, but I received no response. Now he wants us to send him back so that he can better serve Utah as chairman of the Senate Finance Committee. How long will this last?
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 35
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 30
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 27
- My view: More whites should practice... 22
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 21
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 16
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice... 13