Six years ago, Sen. Orrin Hatch stressed seniority in his re-election bid just as he is now. He emphasized how he could serve Utah best as chairman of the Senate Judicial Committee. He was re-elected and appointed chairman.
Then unaccountably, he was replaced by Arlen Specter, an abrasive, ineffective chairman who later deserted the Republican Party and was not re-elected. I wrote to Hatch asking how this could have happened, but I received no response. Now he wants us to send him back so that he can better serve Utah as chairman of the Senate Finance Committee. How long will this last?
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 45
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 45
- Letter: Human body 41
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 40
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 35
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 24
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 19