A vote for Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich or Ron Paul is practically a vote for Obama. It is not practical, logical or mathematically possible for any of the previously mentioned to reach the required amount of needed votes, and their staying in the race will only give Obama more accomplishments.
It is now time that the other Republicans drop out and allow the real nominee, Mitt Romney, to come forward. What about a brokered convention? Oh yes, let's split the Republicans into even more categories, more brawling and have our eventual nominee walk from a battlefield.
The fight is over. Santorum could stay in the fight, but Gingrich and Paul should bow out. The battle is over. Santorum is still bashing Romney, but the outcome is certain and Santorum should stop wasting money.
Romney is now the candidate, and the others should allow him to walk to the general election with his head high.
Cody Lynn Barney
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- This year's most popular editorials
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 64
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Police not the problem 24
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 22
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move... 20
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol' 19