A vote for Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich or Ron Paul is practically a vote for Obama. It is not practical, logical or mathematically possible for any of the previously mentioned to reach the required amount of needed votes, and their staying in the race will only give Obama more accomplishments.
It is now time that the other Republicans drop out and allow the real nominee, Mitt Romney, to come forward. What about a brokered convention? Oh yes, let's split the Republicans into even more categories, more brawling and have our eventual nominee walk from a battlefield.
The fight is over. Santorum could stay in the fight, but Gingrich and Paul should bow out. The battle is over. Santorum is still bashing Romney, but the outcome is certain and Santorum should stop wasting money.
Romney is now the candidate, and the others should allow him to walk to the general election with his head high.
Cody Lynn Barney
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude...
- Letter: Growing party divide
- In our opinion: Smoking aside, Utah can still...
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, ride sharing is...
- Lois M. Collins: Daddy-daughter duo turn trip...
- Kathleen Parker: Pope Francis calls for a...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To all the young...
- In our opinion: Keystone Pipeline... 66
- Letter: Where jobs come from 64
- In our opinion: A Supreme missed... 58
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 46
- Dave Folland: No more excuses on... 44
- Letter: Growing party divide 43
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 35