Universal Pictures, Hopper Stone, Associated Press
Another slice of the "American Pie" franchise isn't exactly earning sweet reviews.
After 13 years and a couple of sequels, Jim, Oz, Stifler and the rest of the gang return for "American Reunion." AP Movie Critic Christy Lemire sliced one and a half stars out of four for the sequel, writing: "'American Reunion' relies on cliches about nostalgia and melodrama about the rekindling of first loves."
Also opening this week is the documentary "Comic-Con: Episode IV — A Fan's Hope." Lemire unleashed two stars out of four for director Morgan Spurlock's look at the pop-culture extravaganza, writing: "If you have to ask what the title is a reference to, this movie is probably not for you; then again, even if you do get it, you won't appreciate the film fully unless you're already a member of the choir to which it's preaching."
Here's a look at how these movies and others fared on the top review websites as of Friday afternoon. Each score is the percentage of positive reviews for the film:
— "American Reunion": Metacritic, 51; Movie Review Intelligence, 52.9; Rotten Tomatoes, 45. Average: 49.6.
— "Comic-Con: Episode IV — A Fan's Hope": Metacritic, 67; Movie Review Intelligence, 70.6; Rotten Tomatoes, 78. Average: 71.8.
— "The Hunter": Metacritic, 64; Movie Review Intelligence, 62.7; Rotten Tomatoes, 76. Average: 67.5.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Britain's little prince celebrates first...
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform to...
- Appeals courts issue contradictory rulings on...
- Kids today are less likely to become pregnant...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 47
- Appeals courts issue contradictory... 40
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Understanding and responding to the... 9
- Are Advanced Placement courses worth it? 9
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but... 9
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 8