Universal Pictures, Hopper Stone, Associated Press
Another slice of the "American Pie" franchise isn't exactly earning sweet reviews.
After 13 years and a couple of sequels, Jim, Oz, Stifler and the rest of the gang return for "American Reunion." AP Movie Critic Christy Lemire sliced one and a half stars out of four for the sequel, writing: "'American Reunion' relies on cliches about nostalgia and melodrama about the rekindling of first loves."
Also opening this week is the documentary "Comic-Con: Episode IV — A Fan's Hope." Lemire unleashed two stars out of four for director Morgan Spurlock's look at the pop-culture extravaganza, writing: "If you have to ask what the title is a reference to, this movie is probably not for you; then again, even if you do get it, you won't appreciate the film fully unless you're already a member of the choir to which it's preaching."
Here's a look at how these movies and others fared on the top review websites as of Friday afternoon. Each score is the percentage of positive reviews for the film:
— "American Reunion": Metacritic, 51; Movie Review Intelligence, 52.9; Rotten Tomatoes, 45. Average: 49.6.
— "Comic-Con: Episode IV — A Fan's Hope": Metacritic, 67; Movie Review Intelligence, 70.6; Rotten Tomatoes, 78. Average: 71.8.
— "The Hunter": Metacritic, 64; Movie Review Intelligence, 62.7; Rotten Tomatoes, 76. Average: 67.5.
- Provo's Waffle Love made time for church...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- 'Just Let Go' takes an unflinching look at...
- The cost of child care trumps rent —...
- Does your child struggle to focus? Here's why...
- The Clean Cut: Peewee football players dance...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- New York Times best-selling author talks...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 28
- 40 percent tax on employer insurance... 22
- Mental health vs. gun control: The... 15
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To the mom who... 7
- Construction, manufacturing employees... 5
- Here’s a look at Disney’s... 5
- The cost of child care trumps rent... 5
- Chris Hicks: Modern comedies... 4