Universal Pictures, Hopper Stone, Associated Press
Another slice of the "American Pie" franchise isn't exactly earning sweet reviews.
After 13 years and a couple of sequels, Jim, Oz, Stifler and the rest of the gang return for "American Reunion." AP Movie Critic Christy Lemire sliced one and a half stars out of four for the sequel, writing: "'American Reunion' relies on cliches about nostalgia and melodrama about the rekindling of first loves."
Also opening this week is the documentary "Comic-Con: Episode IV — A Fan's Hope." Lemire unleashed two stars out of four for director Morgan Spurlock's look at the pop-culture extravaganza, writing: "If you have to ask what the title is a reference to, this movie is probably not for you; then again, even if you do get it, you won't appreciate the film fully unless you're already a member of the choir to which it's preaching."
Here's a look at how these movies and others fared on the top review websites as of Friday afternoon. Each score is the percentage of positive reviews for the film:
— "American Reunion": Metacritic, 51; Movie Review Intelligence, 52.9; Rotten Tomatoes, 45. Average: 49.6.
— "Comic-Con: Episode IV — A Fan's Hope": Metacritic, 67; Movie Review Intelligence, 70.6; Rotten Tomatoes, 78. Average: 71.8.
— "The Hunter": Metacritic, 64; Movie Review Intelligence, 62.7; Rotten Tomatoes, 76. Average: 67.5.
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose marriage,...
- 3 South Jordan siblings battling rare disease...
- If Pinterest makes you feel like a failure as...
- Stuart Edge, Alex Boye, other Utah artists...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 34
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 30
- The changing definition of 'TV': What... 16
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 12
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 7
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of... 6
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 5