Universal Pictures, Hopper Stone, Associated Press
Another slice of the "American Pie" franchise isn't exactly earning sweet reviews.
After 13 years and a couple of sequels, Jim, Oz, Stifler and the rest of the gang return for "American Reunion." AP Movie Critic Christy Lemire sliced one and a half stars out of four for the sequel, writing: "'American Reunion' relies on cliches about nostalgia and melodrama about the rekindling of first loves."
Also opening this week is the documentary "Comic-Con: Episode IV — A Fan's Hope." Lemire unleashed two stars out of four for director Morgan Spurlock's look at the pop-culture extravaganza, writing: "If you have to ask what the title is a reference to, this movie is probably not for you; then again, even if you do get it, you won't appreciate the film fully unless you're already a member of the choir to which it's preaching."
Here's a look at how these movies and others fared on the top review websites as of Friday afternoon. Each score is the percentage of positive reviews for the film:
— "American Reunion": Metacritic, 51; Movie Review Intelligence, 52.9; Rotten Tomatoes, 45. Average: 49.6.
— "Comic-Con: Episode IV — A Fan's Hope": Metacritic, 67; Movie Review Intelligence, 70.6; Rotten Tomatoes, 78. Average: 71.8.
— "The Hunter": Metacritic, 64; Movie Review Intelligence, 62.7; Rotten Tomatoes, 76. Average: 67.5.
Online:http://www.metacritic.com/ http://moviereviewintelligence.com/ http://www.rottentomatoes.com/
- AP PHOTOS: A selection of pictures from the...
- Scientists work toward storing digital...
- Warner Bros. calms fans with fun 'Justice...
- A title and ship for new 'Star Trek' series:...
- New artificial reef is sunk off Florida's...
- Police: Munich suspect was obsessed with mass...
- Brie Larson confirmed as 'Captain Marvel'
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 52
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 19
- After disputes, Dem stars turn their... 14
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Police: Munich suspect was obsessed... 5
- Children teach their parents when it... 5
- Wright Words: What I learned from Machu... 4
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows... 3