The Tuscaloosa News, Michelle Lepianka Carter, Associated Press
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama's mantra this spring might well be, let's not have another 2010.
That's when the Crimson Tide followed up a national title with a 10-3 season regarded by some as an underachievement. Now, Alabama is coming off its second national championship in three years and once again is a potential repeat contender.
Linebacker Nico Johnson says the Tide enters every season with championship expectations.o When it doesn't happen, Johnson says "it's kind of depressing."
Alabama coach Nick Saban says the attitude and character of this team has been different "in a good way" from 2010.
Quarterback AJ McCarron says that team two years ago lacked leadership.
Both teams had to replace an abundance of talent, especially on defense.
Alabama is losing five players projected as likely NFL first-round draft picks.
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- BYU football hosts 'Friday Night Lights'...
- Runnin' Utes take on Duke in Texas-sized venue
- Utah football: Booker's return lifts offense,...
- Former Duke and Utah player Chris Burgess...
- Utes to face Duke in the Sweet 16... 207
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 67
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill is making a... 31
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- It's Coach K vs. Coach K as Utah... 22
- Ogden chooses to play as an independent... 21