The Tuscaloosa News, Michelle Lepianka Carter, Associated Press
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama's mantra this spring might well be, let's not have another 2010.
That's when the Crimson Tide followed up a national title with a 10-3 season regarded by some as an underachievement. Now, Alabama is coming off its second national championship in three years and once again is a potential repeat contender.
Linebacker Nico Johnson says the Tide enters every season with championship expectations.o When it doesn't happen, Johnson says "it's kind of depressing."
Alabama coach Nick Saban says the attitude and character of this team has been different "in a good way" from 2010.
Quarterback AJ McCarron says that team two years ago lacked leadership.
Both teams had to replace an abundance of talent, especially on defense.
Alabama is losing five players projected as likely NFL first-round draft picks.
- BYU earns NCAA at-large bid; will face Oregon...
- Breaking down the field: A look at the 68...
- Jimmer Fredette thinks Bulls give him ideal...
- BYU's NCAA tournament fate: 'Anything could...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Kyle Collinsworth already...
- BYU's No. 10 seed surprises national media
- Brad Rock: Weber State's NCAA bid makes Rahe...
- Utes headed to NIT game at Saint Mary's
- Minute-by-minute: How Utah and USU lost... 114
- Utah basketball: Utes outlast... 89
- BYU earns NCAA at-large bid; will face... 80
- Utah basketball: Utes get 'punched in... 75
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth has... 44
- Utes headed to NIT game at Saint Mary's 31
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes advance... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU exits Las Vegas in a... 26