The Tuscaloosa News, Michelle Lepianka Carter, Associated Press
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama's mantra this spring might well be, let's not have another 2010.
That's when the Crimson Tide followed up a national title with a 10-3 season regarded by some as an underachievement. Now, Alabama is coming off its second national championship in three years and once again is a potential repeat contender.
Linebacker Nico Johnson says the Tide enters every season with championship expectations.o When it doesn't happen, Johnson says "it's kind of depressing."
Alabama coach Nick Saban says the attitude and character of this team has been different "in a good way" from 2010.
Quarterback AJ McCarron says that team two years ago lacked leadership.
Both teams had to replace an abundance of talent, especially on defense.
Alabama is losing five players projected as likely NFL first-round draft picks.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26