The Tuscaloosa News, Michelle Lepianka Carter, Associated Press
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama's mantra this spring might well be, let's not have another 2010.
That's when the Crimson Tide followed up a national title with a 10-3 season regarded by some as an underachievement. Now, Alabama is coming off its second national championship in three years and once again is a potential repeat contender.
Linebacker Nico Johnson says the Tide enters every season with championship expectations.o When it doesn't happen, Johnson says "it's kind of depressing."
Alabama coach Nick Saban says the attitude and character of this team has been different "in a good way" from 2010.
Quarterback AJ McCarron says that team two years ago lacked leadership.
Both teams had to replace an abundance of talent, especially on defense.
Alabama is losing five players projected as likely NFL first-round draft picks.
- Big 12 commissioner: Some in league feel...
- Former Cardinals exec sentenced to 4 years in...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 122
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: Projecting the 2016... 73
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 67
- Morning links: National college... 62
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 58
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 45