The Tuscaloosa News, Michelle Lepianka Carter, Associated Press
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama's mantra this spring might well be, let's not have another 2010.
That's when the Crimson Tide followed up a national title with a 10-3 season regarded by some as an underachievement. Now, Alabama is coming off its second national championship in three years and once again is a potential repeat contender.
Linebacker Nico Johnson says the Tide enters every season with championship expectations.o When it doesn't happen, Johnson says "it's kind of depressing."
Alabama coach Nick Saban says the attitude and character of this team has been different "in a good way" from 2010.
Quarterback AJ McCarron says that team two years ago lacked leadership.
Both teams had to replace an abundance of talent, especially on defense.
Alabama is losing five players projected as likely NFL first-round draft picks.
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- BYU defense, offense being noticed for...
- Parry's Power Guide for week 5
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 105
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 70
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 49
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 44