The Tuscaloosa News, Michelle Lepianka Carter, Associated Press
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama's mantra this spring might well be, let's not have another 2010.
That's when the Crimson Tide followed up a national title with a 10-3 season regarded by some as an underachievement. Now, Alabama is coming off its second national championship in three years and once again is a potential repeat contender.
Linebacker Nico Johnson says the Tide enters every season with championship expectations.o When it doesn't happen, Johnson says "it's kind of depressing."
Alabama coach Nick Saban says the attitude and character of this team has been different "in a good way" from 2010.
Quarterback AJ McCarron says that team two years ago lacked leadership.
Both teams had to replace an abundance of talent, especially on defense.
Alabama is losing five players projected as likely NFL first-round draft picks.
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- A good life: Former Weber State, NFL...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- BYU football: Cougars announce future games...
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 120
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 106
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 99
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 66
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 57
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 53
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 51
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 28