SALT LAKE CITY — Dijon Farr has been released from his basketball scholarship at the University of Utah.
"We really want to thank Dijon for all of his efforts this year and we wish him the best of luck in the future," Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak said in a released statement.
Farr, a forward who started 24 games and averaged 6.7 points and 4.8 rebounds, is the seventh scholarship player from 2011-12 who won't return to the Utes (6-25) next season. Javon Dawson, Chris Hines, George Matthews, Anthony Odunsi and Kareem Storey were also granted scholarship releases, while Blake Wilkinson is departing for an LDS Church mission in May.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15