SALT LAKE CITY — Dijon Farr has been released from his basketball scholarship at the University of Utah.
"We really want to thank Dijon for all of his efforts this year and we wish him the best of luck in the future," Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak said in a released statement.
Farr, a forward who started 24 games and averaged 6.7 points and 4.8 rebounds, is the seventh scholarship player from 2011-12 who won't return to the Utes (6-25) next season. Javon Dawson, Chris Hines, George Matthews, Anthony Odunsi and Kareem Storey were also granted scholarship releases, while Blake Wilkinson is departing for an LDS Church mission in May.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 84
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 36
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25