Utah Jazz: Latest Karl Malone-Greg Miller dispute resolved
Jody Genessy, Deseret News
Jazz CEO Greg Miller and Hall of Fame power forward Karl Malone are back on good terms, after all. They both attended Wednesday's Jazz-Suns game and shared a moment of laughter together in the arena prior to tipoff.
"Yeah, Karl and I, we got it worked out," Miller told the Associated Press. "Everything's good."
Malone, who had many run-ins with the late Larry H. Miller, railed on Jazz management on a local sports radio show co-hosted by Deseret News columnist Brad Rock. Malone was upset about how he deemed Jerry Sloan was treated and claimed he was forced to buy his own tickets to attend the first game after Sloan's resignation in 2011.
Miller then vented on Twitter, writing that Malone was "lying" about the seat situation and followed up with a long blog post defending his family and organization while tearing into the Mailman for being "unstable," among other pointed remarks.
After that well-publicized war of words, Miller and Malone met following a Jazz game in February but neither party divulged what was discussed.
EMAIL: email@example.com TWITTER: DJJazzyJody
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- RSL hangs on to defeat Houston, thanks to...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Hollis: Past Jazz players vs. the current...
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of NFL...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 101
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 64
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 30
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 27
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 20
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14