Utah Jazz: Latest Karl Malone-Greg Miller dispute resolved
Jody Genessy, Deseret News
Jazz CEO Greg Miller and Hall of Fame power forward Karl Malone are back on good terms, after all. They both attended Wednesday's Jazz-Suns game and shared a moment of laughter together in the arena prior to tipoff.
"Yeah, Karl and I, we got it worked out," Miller told the Associated Press. "Everything's good."
Malone, who had many run-ins with the late Larry H. Miller, railed on Jazz management on a local sports radio show co-hosted by Deseret News columnist Brad Rock. Malone was upset about how he deemed Jerry Sloan was treated and claimed he was forced to buy his own tickets to attend the first game after Sloan's resignation in 2011.
Miller then vented on Twitter, writing that Malone was "lying" about the seat situation and followed up with a long blog post defending his family and organization while tearing into the Mailman for being "unstable," among other pointed remarks.
After that well-publicized war of words, Miller and Malone met following a Jazz game in February but neither party divulged what was discussed.
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org TWITTER: DJJazzyJody
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- A good life: Former Weber State, NFL...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- BYU football: Cougars announce future games...
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 120
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 106
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 99
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 66
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 55
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 53
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 51
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 28