Utah Jazz: Latest Karl Malone-Greg Miller dispute resolved
Jody Genessy, Deseret News
Jazz CEO Greg Miller and Hall of Fame power forward Karl Malone are back on good terms, after all. They both attended Wednesday's Jazz-Suns game and shared a moment of laughter together in the arena prior to tipoff.
"Yeah, Karl and I, we got it worked out," Miller told the Associated Press. "Everything's good."
Malone, who had many run-ins with the late Larry H. Miller, railed on Jazz management on a local sports radio show co-hosted by Deseret News columnist Brad Rock. Malone was upset about how he deemed Jerry Sloan was treated and claimed he was forced to buy his own tickets to attend the first game after Sloan's resignation in 2011.
Miller then vented on Twitter, writing that Malone was "lying" about the seat situation and followed up with a long blog post defending his family and organization while tearing into the Mailman for being "unstable," among other pointed remarks.
After that well-publicized war of words, Miller and Malone met following a Jazz game in February but neither party divulged what was discussed.
EMAIL: email@example.com TWITTER: DJJazzyJody
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in University...
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert gets pushy with...
- Having achieved its Final Four goal, the BYU...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 49
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 47
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 28