ANAHEIM, Calif. — Albert Pujols has settled into his new locker at Angel Stadium, and his new teammates already think they're getting to know the superstar slugger pretty well.
Now it's time for Pujols to formally introduce himself to his new fans.
The three-time NL MVP will debut for the Los Angeles Angels on Friday night against the Kansas City Royals on opening day of the most anticipated season in franchise history.
Ace Jered Weaver will be on the mound when the Angels get to work with Pujols in the middle of their lineup, bolstered by new catcher Chris Iannetta and converted third baseman Mark Trumbo.
Pujols seems unaffected by the enormous expectations on his shoulders after accepting a $240 million contract from the Angels, a fashionable pick to win it all this fall.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 115
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 48
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 46
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45