ANAHEIM, Calif. — Albert Pujols has settled into his new locker at Angel Stadium, and his new teammates already think they're getting to know the superstar slugger pretty well.
Now it's time for Pujols to formally introduce himself to his new fans.
The three-time NL MVP will debut for the Los Angeles Angels on Friday night against the Kansas City Royals on opening day of the most anticipated season in franchise history.
Ace Jered Weaver will be on the mound when the Angels get to work with Pujols in the middle of their lineup, bolstered by new catcher Chris Iannetta and converted third baseman Mark Trumbo.
Pujols seems unaffected by the enormous expectations on his shoulders after accepting a $240 million contract from the Angels, a fashionable pick to win it all this fall.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45