Steven Senne, Associated Press
HARRISBURG, Pa. — Mitt Romney says winning Pennsylvania in November will win him the White House.
Romney campaigned Thursday in Pennsylvania and spoke as the Republican nominee-in-waiting. He told reporters he "will win Pennsylvania in the fall, and winning Pennsylvania will give us the White House."
Romney says his chief Republican challenger, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, should win here because it's his home state. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, whose campaign has faded, won his home state of Georgia in March.
Romney commented while making telephone calls to Pennsylvania Republicans to urge them to vote in the April 24 primary. The front-runner for the nomination planned two campaign stops in the state Thursday.
- Utah humanitarian aid worker returns from...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold line on...
- New dynasty: Giants capture 3rd title in 5 years
- Gunfire, arrests erupt as Giants fans revel...
- Israeli leader lashes back at harsh US criticism
- Maine in standoff with nurse over Ebola...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution is not...
- Churches proceed carefully when encouraging...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 62
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 37
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 30
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 20
- Obama on Ebola fight: US can't seal... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- George P. Bush says dad Jeb Bush is... 15
- Israeli leader lashes back at harsh US... 13