Steven Senne, Associated Press
HARRISBURG, Pa. — Mitt Romney says winning Pennsylvania in November will win him the White House.
Romney campaigned Thursday in Pennsylvania and spoke as the Republican nominee-in-waiting. He told reporters he "will win Pennsylvania in the fall, and winning Pennsylvania will give us the White House."
Romney says his chief Republican challenger, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, should win here because it's his home state. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, whose campaign has faded, won his home state of Georgia in March.
Romney commented while making telephone calls to Pennsylvania Republicans to urge them to vote in the April 24 primary. The front-runner for the nomination planned two campaign stops in the state Thursday.
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Creeping landslide devouring part of Jackson,...
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew...
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Some countries get Obama, but want his wife, too
- Photos: Celebrating Easter across the world
- Get married, stay married? No fault divorce...
- Jelly beans, chocolate and plastic eggs:...
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 31
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 28
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23
- Police: Student ate more pot than... 19
- Sentenced but never jailed, robber who... 16
- Supreme Court weighs ban on false... 15