Steven Senne, Associated Press
HARRISBURG, Pa. — Mitt Romney says winning Pennsylvania in November will win him the White House.
Romney campaigned Thursday in Pennsylvania and spoke as the Republican nominee-in-waiting. He told reporters he "will win Pennsylvania in the fall, and winning Pennsylvania will give us the White House."
Romney says his chief Republican challenger, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, should win here because it's his home state. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, whose campaign has faded, won his home state of Georgia in March.
Romney commented while making telephone calls to Pennsylvania Republicans to urge them to vote in the April 24 primary. The front-runner for the nomination planned two campaign stops in the state Thursday.
- For the first time in American history,...
- Amish country bristles at ‘Mafia’...
- You'll never believe where your bottled water...
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn into...
- Napa earthquake hastens calls for warning system
- Ebola has 'upper hand,' says US official
- Ask Mr. Dad: Handling a child’s...
- Putin sits down with Ukrainian president for...
- For the first time in American history,... 24
- Obama faces tough options in Iraq and... 23
- Obama administration announces new... 19
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 16
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role... 15
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common... 14
- Obama back at White House after summer... 14
- Mourners gather in St. Louis for Brown... 13