Steven Senne, Associated Press
HARRISBURG, Pa. — Mitt Romney says winning Pennsylvania in November will win him the White House.
Romney campaigned Thursday in Pennsylvania and spoke as the Republican nominee-in-waiting. He told reporters he "will win Pennsylvania in the fall, and winning Pennsylvania will give us the White House."
Romney says his chief Republican challenger, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, should win here because it's his home state. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, whose campaign has faded, won his home state of Georgia in March.
Romney commented while making telephone calls to Pennsylvania Republicans to urge them to vote in the April 24 primary. The front-runner for the nomination planned two campaign stops in the state Thursday.
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason to...
- Scotland votes to remain part of United Kingdom
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- 'Gotham' actor's Penguin inspired by DC Comics
- How much America wants to be taxed
- Chiefs' Reid dedicated to domestic abuse victims
- Home Depot breach affected 56M debit, credit...
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 27
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 15
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 7
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 6