Steven Senne, Associated Press
HARRISBURG, Pa. — Mitt Romney says winning Pennsylvania in November will win him the White House.
Romney campaigned Thursday in Pennsylvania and spoke as the Republican nominee-in-waiting. He told reporters he "will win Pennsylvania in the fall, and winning Pennsylvania will give us the White House."
Romney says his chief Republican challenger, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, should win here because it's his home state. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, whose campaign has faded, won his home state of Georgia in March.
Romney commented while making telephone calls to Pennsylvania Republicans to urge them to vote in the April 24 primary. The front-runner for the nomination planned two campaign stops in the state Thursday.
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters in...
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in shooting
- Ferguson businesses torched in overnight...
- Reports: Ferguson grand jury has reached...
- Why Salt Lake City is one of the best cities...
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as Pentagon...
- At least 17 killed in Egypt by building collapse
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage vow not...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 56
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 45
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell'... 29
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in... 24
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18
- Winners and losers under Obama's... 18
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as... 15