Julie Jacobson, Associated Press
DENVER — Skylar Diggins and Kayla McBride can use the "unfinished business" mantra again next season at Notre Dame.
The Irish will need to make up for the loss of seniors Devereaux Peters, Natalie Novosel and Brittany Mallory, a group that won 117 games, including three against perennial power UConn this season.
The trio that helped shake up the Big East came up short Tuesday night against Baylor in the national championship game. The Irish (35-4) were also the national runner-up last year, letting a late lead slip away in a six-point loss to Texas A&M.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 115
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 49
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 47
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45