NEW ORLEANS — Kentucky coach John Calipari hits the road Friday. This time, he's carrying national championship credentials.
For all of his success recruiting players and prepping them for the NBA, the 53-year-old's system of recruiting the very best players and never making excuses about his methods had never paid off with an NCAA title — until now.
Calipari's 'Cats played a brand of basketball he'd preached all season by sharing and creating for each other in a 67-59 victory over Kansas on Monday night for Kentucky's eighth title in school history.
Calipari says he's glad he finally won a championship: "I can just coach now."
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34