CEDAR CITY — Southern Utah University's Mikkel Griffin has been named the Summit League Player of the Week after powering the Thunderbird softball team to a 4-1 record last week with victories over UNLV and UMKC. The award is Griffin's third conference award of the season.
Griffin had three multi-hit games during the week, including a three home run effort against UMKC on Saturday, helping the T-Birds to a 9-6 victory. The junior finished the week batting .471 (8-for-17) with a 1.059 slugging percentage, seven RBIs, five runs and a double.
Griffin and the rest of the Thunderbirds will be back in action Tuesday, traveling to Brigham Young University for a doubleheader with the Cougars beginning at 3:30 p.m. Fans can watch the second game of the two-game set live on BYUtv at 6 p.m.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16