Evan Vucci, Associated Press
WASHINGTON — Brandon Jennings scored 17 of his 19 points in the third quarter and the Milwaukee Bucks pulled within two games of the Eastern Conference's final playoff spot Monday night with an unsightly 112-98 win over the Washington Wizards.
Monta Ellis and Mike Dunleavy scored 17 points apiece, Ersan Ilyasova had 16 points and 11 rebounds, and Jennings added seven assists and six rebounds as Milwaukee tries to take advantage of a soft spot in the schedule in its pursuit of the eighth-place New York Knicks.
Six players scored in double figures for the Bucks, who shot 52 percent and outrebounded the Wizards 48-35. Milwaukee now returns home for a five-game homestand that starts with Cleveland, Charlotte and Portland — all teams with losing records.
Jordan Crawford scored 23 points to lead the Wizards.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43