Evan Vucci, Associated Press
WASHINGTON — Brandon Jennings scored 17 of his 19 points in the third quarter and the Milwaukee Bucks pulled within two games of the Eastern Conference's final playoff spot Monday night with an unsightly 112-98 win over the Washington Wizards.
Monta Ellis and Mike Dunleavy scored 17 points apiece, Ersan Ilyasova had 16 points and 11 rebounds, and Jennings added seven assists and six rebounds as Milwaukee tries to take advantage of a soft spot in the schedule in its pursuit of the eighth-place New York Knicks.
Six players scored in double figures for the Bucks, who shot 52 percent and outrebounded the Wizards 48-35. Milwaukee now returns home for a five-game homestand that starts with Cleveland, Charlotte and Portland — all teams with losing records.
Jordan Crawford scored 23 points to lead the Wizards.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18