Julie Jacobson, Associated Press
DENVER — Baylor coach Kim Mulkey says she's disgusted by taunting and insults directed at star player Brittney Griner on social media.
The 6-foot-8 AP player of the year is the subject of constant mocking on Twitter and other sites, and Mulkey said during her news conference Monday that it has to stop.
While the barrage of negative comments annoys Mulkey, Griner seems to brush them aside, not letting them bother her.
She says she enjoys going on Twitter as it gives her a chance to be herself and interact with others. Just don't expect to find her as she uses an alias. Unlike Skylar Diggins, who gained 18,000 followers after the Irish's win over Connecticut in the semifinals, Griner enjoys living in anonymity. She says she has about 200 followers.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20