Julie Jacobson, Associated Press
DENVER — Baylor coach Kim Mulkey says she's disgusted by taunting and insults directed at star player Brittney Griner on social media.
The 6-foot-8 AP player of the year is the subject of constant mocking on Twitter and other sites, and Mulkey said during her news conference Monday that it has to stop.
While the barrage of negative comments annoys Mulkey, Griner seems to brush them aside, not letting them bother her.
She says she enjoys going on Twitter as it gives her a chance to be herself and interact with others. Just don't expect to find her as she uses an alias. Unlike Skylar Diggins, who gained 18,000 followers after the Irish's win over Connecticut in the semifinals, Griner enjoys living in anonymity. She says she has about 200 followers.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27