Julie Jacobson, Associated Press
DENVER — Baylor coach Kim Mulkey says she's disgusted by taunting and insults directed at star player Brittney Griner on social media.
The 6-foot-8 AP player of the year is the subject of constant mocking on Twitter and other sites, and Mulkey said during her news conference Monday that it has to stop.
While the barrage of negative comments annoys Mulkey, Griner seems to brush them aside, not letting them bother her.
She says she enjoys going on Twitter as it gives her a chance to be herself and interact with others. Just don't expect to find her as she uses an alias. Unlike Skylar Diggins, who gained 18,000 followers after the Irish's win over Connecticut in the semifinals, Griner enjoys living in anonymity. She says she has about 200 followers.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 115
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 64
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 48
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33