David Zalubowski, Associated Press
DENVER — There's probably never been a duo more eager to face Baylor superstar Brittney Griner than Notre Dame post players Devereaux Peters and Natalie Achonwa.
The Fighting Irish (35-3) and Lady Bears (39-0) meet Tuesday night in the national championship, a rematch Peters and Achonwa have been dreaming of for months after their first meeting back in November was such a mismatch.
The teams squared off in the preseason WNIT final, with the Lady Bears winning in Waco 94-81 behind Griner's 32 points on 14-of-18 shooting, 14 rebounds and five blocked shots.
Peters, plagued by foul trouble, and Achonwa, hobbled by a balky right knee in her first game back from a torn meniscus, combined to make just 3 of 15 shots for 6 points.
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22