Mary Altaffer, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Fasten your seat belts, coach Rex Ryan and the New York Jets might just be ready for a sequel on HBO's "Hard Knocks."
Jets owner Woody Johnson says he's heard talk that HBO is interested in signing up the team for its training-camp documentary show. He's not ruling it out.
Johnson says Monday the team has not received a "formal invitation," but "when we do, we will take a look at it."
There's no word yet from HBO.
Speculation began after the Jets acquired Tim Tebow in a trade with the Broncos.
Asked if there have been informal discussions with HBO, Johnson says, "yeah" but "it's a formal invitation that we can respond to, not an informal (one)."
Johnson says the team's previous run on the show brought "tremendous value."
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27