The Ottawa Herald, Jeanny Sharp) NO SALES, Associated Press
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A converted semitrailer that crashed on a Kansas highway and killed five people was driven by a 17-year-old boy with a provisional license.
Adam Kerber was behind the wheel of the Freightliner truck when it broke through a guardrail and went into a ravine Sunday morning near Williamsburg, about 70 miles southwest of Kansas City, Mo.
Minnesota authorities say Kerber's license includes several restrictions, including that all occupants of his vehicle wear seat belts where available. Only two of the 18 people aboard were belted in, but it wasn't clear if belts were available for those passengers riding in the trailer.
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters in...
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in shooting
- Ferguson businesses torched in overnight...
- Why Salt Lake City is one of the best cities...
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as Pentagon...
- Reports: Ferguson grand jury has reached...
- In New Zealand, feud over fate of 1902 corpse...
- At least 17 killed in Egypt by building collapse
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 58
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 45
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell'... 29
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in... 24
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18
- Winners and losers under Obama's... 18
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as... 15