The Ottawa Herald, Jeanny Sharp) NO SALES, Associated Press
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A converted semitrailer that crashed on a Kansas highway and killed five people was driven by a 17-year-old boy with a provisional license.
Adam Kerber was behind the wheel of the Freightliner truck when it broke through a guardrail and went into a ravine Sunday morning near Williamsburg, about 70 miles southwest of Kansas City, Mo.
Minnesota authorities say Kerber's license includes several restrictions, including that all occupants of his vehicle wear seat belts where available. Only two of the 18 people aboard were belted in, but it wasn't clear if belts were available for those passengers riding in the trailer.
- Here's a quiz to test your Star Wars...
- LA man builds small home for homeless lady
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Britain's new princess can't expect...
- Have you seen 'Age of Ultron'? Here are 50...
- 'Avengers' sequel is second biggest US opener...
- Vonn says relationship with Woods is over
- Mayweather takes his $100 million check and runs
- Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders: 'I am... 41
- Rage to relief in Baltimore as 6... 40
- Defending the Faith: Going up to Jerusalem 30
- Former tech executive Carly Fiorina... 17
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- More Americans spending at least half... 13
- Famed neurosurgeon Ben Carson announces... 10
- Latest on police-custody death: 53... 9