The Ottawa Herald, Jeanny Sharp) NO SALES, Associated Press
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A converted semitrailer that crashed on a Kansas highway and killed five people was driven by a 17-year-old boy with a provisional license.
Adam Kerber was behind the wheel of the Freightliner truck when it broke through a guardrail and went into a ravine Sunday morning near Williamsburg, about 70 miles southwest of Kansas City, Mo.
Minnesota authorities say Kerber's license includes several restrictions, including that all occupants of his vehicle wear seat belts where available. Only two of the 18 people aboard were belted in, but it wasn't clear if belts were available for those passengers riding in the trailer.
- NORAD 'tracks' Santa's journey across globe
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near Ferguson
- Women excised from public life, abused by IS
- Severe storms slam the South, killing at least 4
- Wal-Mart tests gift card exchange
- Sony broadly releases 'The Interview' in...
- Key developments in the case of slain NYPD...
- Denver shelters cite legal pot in homeless...
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 17
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 15
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 13
- Key developments in the case of slain... 9
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 8
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 8
- Killings of 2 New York officers trigger... 6
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6