The Ottawa Herald, Jeanny Sharp) NO SALES, Associated Press
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A converted semitrailer that crashed on a Kansas highway and killed five people was driven by a 17-year-old boy with a provisional license.
Adam Kerber was behind the wheel of the Freightliner truck when it broke through a guardrail and went into a ravine Sunday morning near Williamsburg, about 70 miles southwest of Kansas City, Mo.
Minnesota authorities say Kerber's license includes several restrictions, including that all occupants of his vehicle wear seat belts where available. Only two of the 18 people aboard were belted in, but it wasn't clear if belts were available for those passengers riding in the trailer.
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- 'The Voice' returns Monday with Pharrell,...
- Armed officers comb ambush suspect's woods
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason to...
- How much America wants to be taxed
- Scotland votes to remain part of United Kingdom
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 15
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 6
- How much America wants to be taxed 6
- New Jersey loses 4th casino as Trump... 5