Eric Gay, Associated Press
DENVER — Brittney Griner had 13 points and nine rebounds to lead unbeaten Baylor to a 59-47 win over Stanford on Sunday night and into the women's NCAA championship game.
Baylor (39-0) is one victory from becoming the seventh team to finish unbeaten and has a chance at being the first team in NCAA history to win 40 games in a season.
The Lady Bears will face Notre Dame on Tuesday night for the title. The Irish beat UConn 83-75 in an overtime thriller in the first semifinal. Baylor and Notre Dame met in the preseason WNIT final, with the Lady Bears winning in Waco 94-81 on Nov. 17.
Stanford (35-2) fell short in the Final Four for the fifth straight season, ending its school-record 32-game winning streak.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45