David Zalubowski, Associated Press
DENVER — Skylar Diggins scored 19 points, Brittany Mallory hit two big 3-pointers in overtime and Notre Dame beat Connecticut 83-75 on Sunday night to reach the national championship game for the second straight year.
The Fighting Irish (35-3) also beat the Huskies (33-5) in the semifinals last year, before losing to Texas A&M in the title game in Indianapolis.
The game was tied at 67 after regulation following an 8-2 run by UConn, which was led by Stefanie Dolson's 20 points.
The Huskies went up 70-67 on Bria Hartley's 3-pointer to open the first overtime at the women's Final Four since 2006, but Mallory hit back-to-back 3s and Notre Dame closed with a 16-5 run.
The Irish will face either Stanford or Baylor for the title.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- Local flavor in the NBA: Lillard continues to...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 143
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 38
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21