David Zalubowski, Associated Press
DENVER — Skylar Diggins scored 19 points, Brittany Mallory hit two big 3-pointers in overtime and Notre Dame beat Connecticut 83-75 on Sunday night to reach the national championship game for the second straight year.
The Fighting Irish (35-3) also beat the Huskies (33-5) in the semifinals last year, before losing to Texas A&M in the title game in Indianapolis.
The game was tied at 67 after regulation following an 8-2 run by UConn, which was led by Stefanie Dolson's 20 points.
The Huskies went up 70-67 on Bria Hartley's 3-pointer to open the first overtime at the women's Final Four since 2006, but Mallory hit back-to-back 3s and Notre Dame closed with a 16-5 run.
The Irish will face either Stanford or Baylor for the title.
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 49
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 32
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 27