David Zalubowski, Associated Press
DENVER — Skylar Diggins scored 19 points, Brittany Mallory hit two big 3-pointers in overtime and Notre Dame beat Connecticut 83-75 on Sunday night to reach the national championship game for the second straight year.
The Fighting Irish (35-3) also beat the Huskies (33-5) in the semifinals last year, before losing to Texas A&M in the title game in Indianapolis.
The game was tied at 67 after regulation following an 8-2 run by UConn, which was led by Stefanie Dolson's 20 points.
The Huskies went up 70-67 on Bria Hartley's 3-pointer to open the first overtime at the women's Final Four since 2006, but Mallory hit back-to-back 3s and Notre Dame closed with a 16-5 run.
The Irish will face either Stanford or Baylor for the title.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34