John Raoux, Associated Press
ORLANDO, Fla. — Ty Lawson scored 12 of his 25 points in the second half and Arron Afflalo added 22 points as the Denver Nuggets beat the short-handed Orlando Magic 104-101 Sunday night.
The Nuggets won back-to-back games for the first time since a four-game win streak the first week of March. Al Harrington added 18 points.
Jameer Nelson led Orlando with 27 points, followed by Ryan Anderson with 20 and Glen Davis with 18. The Magic played without center Dwight Howard, who missed his first game of the season with back spasms.
The loss was Orlando's third straight and only the second to the Nuggets in 19 meetings at home.
Howard's absence was noticeable throughout, with the Nuggets scoring 44 points in the paint and shooting a 56 percent for the night.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 102
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25