Isaac Brekken, Associated Press
Carrie Underwood kicked off the Academy of Country Awards with a hard-charging blast of rock 'n' roll and a sexy black and magenta mini-dress.
Underwood's single "Good Girl" was a warning shot to those looking for a lot of twang out of Sunday night's awards in Las Vegas.
The ACMs are a celebration of what country has become with arena rockers like lead nominees Kenny Chesney and Jason Aldean being joined by a wave of 20-something upstarts who've incorporated new sounds into the genre. Non-country acts like KISS, Marc Anthony and LL Cool J were scheduled to join in the fun.
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- 'Fire is catching,' so catch up with Katniss
- FanX returns in January with 'Star Wars' star...
- Jennifer Lawrence: Privacy loss that...
- Three gluten-free pumpkin pie options
- Thai showings of Hunger Games banned by...
- 'VeggieTales' spin-off debuts on Netflix Nov. 26
- 'Grinch' musical brings Christmas fun,...
- Jennifer Lawrence: Privacy loss that... 4
- FanX returns in January with 'Star... 4
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys'... 3
- Model-TV host Dickinson accuses Cosby... 2
- Going gluten-free for Thanksgiving 2
- 'Dumb and Dumber To' tops box office... 1
- Cookbooks see growth, but slow to move... 1
- 'Fire is catching,' so catch up with... 1