Isaac Brekken, Associated Press
Carrie Underwood kicked off the Academy of Country Awards with a hard-charging blast of rock 'n' roll and a sexy black and magenta mini-dress.
Underwood's single "Good Girl" was a warning shot to those looking for a lot of twang out of Sunday night's awards in Las Vegas.
The ACMs are a celebration of what country has become with arena rockers like lead nominees Kenny Chesney and Jason Aldean being joined by a wave of 20-something upstarts who've incorporated new sounds into the genre. Non-country acts like KISS, Marc Anthony and LL Cool J were scheduled to join in the fun.
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- 'Gotham' actor's Penguin inspired by DC Comics
- Suspenseful 'Maze Runner' dodges limitations...
- Photos: Fall colors over Guardsman Pass
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Photos: Elton John brings 'All The Hits' to Utah
- The latest ‘Godzilla’ reboot...
- Actress detained by police refuses to apologize
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 6
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 4
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- The complicated relationship between... 3
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite... 2
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for... 2
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream... 2