The Jazz trimmed the Clippers' lead to a dozen by halftime, and Utah kept that momentum going in the third quarter.
The team that looked like it was sleepwalking through the first quarter rallied to within four points thanks to a strong second-half start by Jefferson and Millsap.
The Jazz scored the first eight points of the third and Millsap made it 61-57 with a putback score midway through the quarter.
Then Long Ball City struck again.
Foye snapped the nets from deep after Millsap's basket, and that seemed to also snap the home team out of its funk.
Despite Chris Paul leaving with a bruised right elbow, the Clippers went on a 14-4 run to seize momentum for good. And, yes, that spurt included a Lob City special from Foye to Griffin.
"It's tough, because you can't get down like that to a good team," Millsap said. "We can always fight back, we can try to keep ourselves in the game no matter what, but we've got to control the first quarter."
And do a better job from the perimeter, where L.A. hit 10 of 21 shots.
"It was tough to come back from," Jazz point guard Devin Harris said. "They got into a rhythm early. We used a lot of energy coming back but obviously we didn't get enough stops. Our defense wasn't good enough to win the game."
The Jazz practice in L.A. on Sunday before flying to Portland, where they face the Trail Blazers. Now having lost four of five games, Utah is in desperate need of a victory before the postseason that seemed almost inevitable a week ago becomes an unattainable dream.
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 33
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 18