Chris Trotman, Getty Images
HARRISON, N.J. — Thierry Henry scored his first career MLS hat trick and set up a goal to lead the New York Red Bulls to a 5-2 victory over the expansion Montreal Impact on Saturday.
Kenny Cooper and Mehdi Ballouchy also scored as the Red Bulls won their second straight at home after losing their opening two games on the road.
Sanna Nyassi and Justin Mapp scored for winless Montreal (0-3-1). The Impact, who had one goal in their first three games, had leads of 1-0 and 2-1 before the Red Bulls' French international took over.
CREW 1, TORONTO FC 0: At Toronto, Bernardo Anor scored in the 56th minute to lead Columbus past Toronto FC.
Toronto FC (0-3-0) is winless in MLS play but is just one game away from the CONCACAF Champions League final.
WHITECAPS 0, UNION 0: At Chester, Pa., Vancouver's stout defense was sharp once again and the Whitecaps remained unbeaten.
The Whitecaps (2-0-2) haven't allowed a goal in their first four MLS matches, encompassing 360 minutes. The league record for a scoreless stretch to open the season is 421, set by the New York Red Bulls in 2007.
EARTHQUAKES 1, SOUNDERS 0: At Seattle, Chris Wondolowski scored on a penalty kick midway through the first half, and Jon Busch earned his second straight shutout for San Jose.
REVOLUTION 3, GALAXY 1: At Carson, Calif., Kelyn Rowe and Chris Tierney scored in the first half to lead New England past short-handed Los Angeles.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25