Chris Pizzello, Associated Press
The slime came fast and furious at the 25th annual Kids' Choice Awards, where even celebrities get doused in bucket loads of green gunk.
Host Will Smith opened the 25th annual Kids' Choice Awards promising a record amount of slime, and, halfway through the show, he was delivering. Soon after the first rows of fans were covered in slime, so were Halle Berry and "Glee" star Chris Colfer.
"No one is safe from the slime!" screamed Smith. "You have to earn the slime! It's an honor."
Smith started the show with an elaborate, digitally-animated skydive from Nickelodeon's trademark blimp. Smith was then hoisted from the rafters to the stage of the Galen Center at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, where thousands of glow-stick waving fans cheered him on — including first lady Michelle Obama.
Obama later presented "the big help" award for charity work to Taylor Swift. Upon receiving the award, the pop star said, "I am freaking out."
"This is, like, the coolest award show ever," said "Twilight" star Kristen Stewart, accepting the award for favorite movie actress.
The KCAs are Nickelodeon's annual celebration for kids, and it's often the most watched children's program of the year. More than 7.3 million watched last year's awards. This year, Nickelodeon badly needs the KCAs to continue to be such a success. In March, the Disney Channel beat out Nickelodeon in average total daily viewers — a title Nickelodeon had held every month since 1995.
Winners are chosen from kid voting online. Selena Gomez won for both favorite TV actress and female singer. Adam Sandler took home the award for favorite movie actor. And Katy Perry, shortly after performing, was given the award for favorite voice for an animated movie for "Smurfs."
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- ‘Big Hero 6,’ ‘Feast’...
- Becky Lockhart remembered on Rare Disease Day...
- The most overlooked characteristic of the...
- The Clean Cut: Groom makes vows not only to...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 33
- Erin Stewart: Why I vaccinate my... 21
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 16
- With Healthy Utah stalled, lives still... 15
- Leonard Nimoy, famous as Mr. Spock on... 13
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 13
- Meaning of 4 words at center of Supreme... 12