Chris Pizzello, Associated Press
The slime came fast and furious at the 25th annual Kids' Choice Awards, where even celebrities get doused in bucket loads of green gunk.
Host Will Smith opened the 25th annual Kids' Choice Awards promising a record amount of slime, and, halfway through the show, he was delivering. Soon after the first rows of fans were covered in slime, so were Halle Berry and "Glee" star Chris Colfer.
"No one is safe from the slime!" screamed Smith. "You have to earn the slime! It's an honor."
Smith started the show with an elaborate, digitally-animated skydive from Nickelodeon's trademark blimp. Smith was then hoisted from the rafters to the stage of the Galen Center at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, where thousands of glow-stick waving fans cheered him on — including first lady Michelle Obama.
Obama later presented "the big help" award for charity work to Taylor Swift. Upon receiving the award, the pop star said, "I am freaking out."
"This is, like, the coolest award show ever," said "Twilight" star Kristen Stewart, accepting the award for favorite movie actress.
The KCAs are Nickelodeon's annual celebration for kids, and it's often the most watched children's program of the year. More than 7.3 million watched last year's awards. This year, Nickelodeon badly needs the KCAs to continue to be such a success. In March, the Disney Channel beat out Nickelodeon in average total daily viewers — a title Nickelodeon had held every month since 1995.
Winners are chosen from kid voting online. Selena Gomez won for both favorite TV actress and female singer. Adam Sandler took home the award for favorite movie actor. And Katy Perry, shortly after performing, was given the award for favorite voice for an animated movie for "Smurfs."
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One...
- How to eat on just $4 a day
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of...
- The Clean Cut: Beluga whale teases children...
- The Clean Cut: Mothers brought to tears in...
- This class may be the key to lowering...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 32
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of... 31
- Provo company creates program that... 17
- How your premarital experiences can... 12
- Amy Donaldson: Critics of the ALS Ice... 12
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket... 11
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 11