LDS Church announces changes to presiding bishopric, Relief Society presidency, First Quorum of the Seventy
Bishop Causse, 48, was a member of the First Quorum of Seventy and in the Europe Area presidency at the time of his call. He been involved in the food industry, working with several supermarket chains and food distribution companies. He was general manager of Pomona, a French distributing company, and also worked for CarreFour, an international marketing firm. He is a native of Bordeaux, France, and husband to Valerie Lucienne Babin. They have five children and a grandson.
Bishop Davies, 60, was managing director of the Special Projects Department of the church with responsibility in special purpose real estate and temple design and construction. He had real estate investment, construction and management experience before being employed by the church. A Salt Lake native, he and his wife, Darla James, have five children and 14 grandchildren.
Sister Burton, the wife of Craig P. Burton, was on the Relief Society General Board when called to head the worldwide organization. She spent three years in Korea when her husband was president of the Seoul West Mission. She has served on the Primary General Board and in other callings in the church auxiliaries. She is mother to six and grandmother to 19.
Sister Stephens also was serving on the Relief Society general board at the time of her calling. She has had many church callings at the ward and stake level and was a Seminary teacher. She and her husband, Martin R. Stephens, have six children and 15 grandchildren.
While serving as a counselor in her ward Relief Society presidency, Sister Reeves received the call to the general presidency. Her husband, Melvyn K. Reeves, headed the California Riverside Mission and she worked alongside him in the calling. She holds a degree in special education from Brigham Young University and is the mother of 13 children.
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Mormon Mentions: Bryce Harper posts about his...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment' during...
- In Germany, secular...
- Muslims celebrate lifting of Lagos hijab ban
- Does Hollywood demean — or misrepresent...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 29
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 16
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 11
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- How would you describe God in just one... 10
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 9
- Does Hollywood demean — or... 9