BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — The Bakersfield Condors defeated the Utah Grizzlies 4-1 Friday night at Rabobank Arena to end Utah's three-game unbeaten streak and drop them to 7-3-0-1 in their last 11 games.
Utah goaltender Jimmy Spratt stopped 26-straight shots before Bakersfield took 1-0 lead on a shorthanded goal with 3 minutes left in the second.
Spratt stopped 39 of 43 shots in the game as the Grizzlies couldn't get anything going in front of him.
Bakersfield made it 2-0 on a power-play goal with 1:13 left in the second period and took that lead to the intermission before scoring two goals in the first 3:35 of the third to make it 4-0 as the Grizzlies couldn't clear the puck.
John Armstrong (8) scored Utah's lone goal, redirecting an Evan Stephens shot on the power-play to make it 4-1 with 3:04 left. Dave Strathman also picked up an assist.
The Grizzlies conclude the regular season Saturday in Bakersfield at 7:10 p.m.
The Utah Grizzlies has clinched their fifth-straight playoff berth and their sixth in the last seven years. The first round will open either Monday and Tuesday or Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. First-round playoff packages that include lower bowl tickets for both games are available now and start as low as $16 per person.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19