BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — The Bakersfield Condors defeated the Utah Grizzlies 4-1 Friday night at Rabobank Arena to end Utah's three-game unbeaten streak and drop them to 7-3-0-1 in their last 11 games.
Utah goaltender Jimmy Spratt stopped 26-straight shots before Bakersfield took 1-0 lead on a shorthanded goal with 3 minutes left in the second.
Spratt stopped 39 of 43 shots in the game as the Grizzlies couldn't get anything going in front of him.
Bakersfield made it 2-0 on a power-play goal with 1:13 left in the second period and took that lead to the intermission before scoring two goals in the first 3:35 of the third to make it 4-0 as the Grizzlies couldn't clear the puck.
John Armstrong (8) scored Utah's lone goal, redirecting an Evan Stephens shot on the power-play to make it 4-1 with 3:04 left. Dave Strathman also picked up an assist.
The Grizzlies conclude the regular season Saturday in Bakersfield at 7:10 p.m.
The Utah Grizzlies has clinched their fifth-straight playoff berth and their sixth in the last seven years. The first round will open either Monday and Tuesday or Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. First-round playoff packages that include lower bowl tickets for both games are available now and start as low as $16 per person.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Local flavor in the NBA: Lillard continues to...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 143
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 38
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21