BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — The Bakersfield Condors defeated the Utah Grizzlies 4-1 Friday night at Rabobank Arena to end Utah's three-game unbeaten streak and drop them to 7-3-0-1 in their last 11 games.
Utah goaltender Jimmy Spratt stopped 26-straight shots before Bakersfield took 1-0 lead on a shorthanded goal with 3 minutes left in the second.
Spratt stopped 39 of 43 shots in the game as the Grizzlies couldn't get anything going in front of him.
Bakersfield made it 2-0 on a power-play goal with 1:13 left in the second period and took that lead to the intermission before scoring two goals in the first 3:35 of the third to make it 4-0 as the Grizzlies couldn't clear the puck.
John Armstrong (8) scored Utah's lone goal, redirecting an Evan Stephens shot on the power-play to make it 4-1 with 3:04 left. Dave Strathman also picked up an assist.
The Grizzlies conclude the regular season Saturday in Bakersfield at 7:10 p.m.
The Utah Grizzlies has clinched their fifth-straight playoff berth and their sixth in the last seven years. The first round will open either Monday and Tuesday or Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. First-round playoff packages that include lower bowl tickets for both games are available now and start as low as $16 per person.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 44
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 27