BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — The Bakersfield Condors defeated the Utah Grizzlies 4-1 Friday night at Rabobank Arena to end Utah's three-game unbeaten streak and drop them to 7-3-0-1 in their last 11 games.
Utah goaltender Jimmy Spratt stopped 26-straight shots before Bakersfield took 1-0 lead on a shorthanded goal with 3 minutes left in the second.
Spratt stopped 39 of 43 shots in the game as the Grizzlies couldn't get anything going in front of him.
Bakersfield made it 2-0 on a power-play goal with 1:13 left in the second period and took that lead to the intermission before scoring two goals in the first 3:35 of the third to make it 4-0 as the Grizzlies couldn't clear the puck.
John Armstrong (8) scored Utah's lone goal, redirecting an Evan Stephens shot on the power-play to make it 4-1 with 3:04 left. Dave Strathman also picked up an assist.
The Grizzlies conclude the regular season Saturday in Bakersfield at 7:10 p.m.
The Utah Grizzlies has clinched their fifth-straight playoff berth and their sixth in the last seven years. The first round will open either Monday and Tuesday or Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. First-round playoff packages that include lower bowl tickets for both games are available now and start as low as $16 per person.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 72
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 47
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 36
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 33
- Utah Utes take stock of the offense... 29