BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — The Bakersfield Condors defeated the Utah Grizzlies 4-1 Friday night at Rabobank Arena to end Utah's three-game unbeaten streak and drop them to 7-3-0-1 in their last 11 games.
Utah goaltender Jimmy Spratt stopped 26-straight shots before Bakersfield took 1-0 lead on a shorthanded goal with 3 minutes left in the second.
Spratt stopped 39 of 43 shots in the game as the Grizzlies couldn't get anything going in front of him.
Bakersfield made it 2-0 on a power-play goal with 1:13 left in the second period and took that lead to the intermission before scoring two goals in the first 3:35 of the third to make it 4-0 as the Grizzlies couldn't clear the puck.
John Armstrong (8) scored Utah's lone goal, redirecting an Evan Stephens shot on the power-play to make it 4-1 with 3:04 left. Dave Strathman also picked up an assist.
The Grizzlies conclude the regular season Saturday in Bakersfield at 7:10 p.m.
The Utah Grizzlies has clinched their fifth-straight playoff berth and their sixth in the last seven years. The first round will open either Monday and Tuesday or Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. First-round playoff packages that include lower bowl tickets for both games are available now and start as low as $16 per person.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20