A calendar of LDS-themed events from around the United States and Canada.
General conference: March 31-April 1, (see www.lds.org for times and broadcast information)
Mesa Easter Pageant: "Jesus the Christ," March 30-31, 8 p.m. (Spanish), April 3-7, 8 p.m. (English), north lawn of the Mesa Arizona Temple Visitors' Center, 525 East Main St., Mesa, Arizona (see www.easterpageant.org)
Oakland Interstake Center: "Lamb of God" musical performance, April 6-8, 7 p.m., auditorium (tickets required, see www.LambOfGodOakland.com )
Concerts: Good Friday Concert, April 6, 7:30 p.m., Menlo Park Stake Center, 1105 Valparaiso Ave., Menlo Park; Stanford Easter Concert: "Be Not Afraid, Only Believe: An Easter Celebration of Christ," April 10, 7:30 p.m., Stanford University Memorial Church
Sunnyvale: Easter Hymn Sing, April 8, 6:30 p.m., Sunnyvale Ward Building, 771 W. Fremont Ave., Sunnyvale (see www.sunnyvalesing.org )
BYU-Idaho Sinfonietta tour: Benefit concert, April 12, 7 p.m., South Valley Community Church, 8095 Kelton Drive, Gilroy (tickets $25, see www.brownpapertickets.com/event/225672 or call 408-847-1420 for ticket information)
Time Out for Women and Time Out for Girls:May 4-5, Long Beach Convention Center, theater, 300 E. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach (see www.tofw.com and deseretbook.com/timeout/tofg for registration, cost, presenters and other information)
Washington D.C. Temple Visitors' Center: Art Exhibit Black History Month, daily, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.; textile exhibit, "Family Ties," daily, though April 30; Bountiful High School Choir, April 6, 7:30 p.m.; "The Garden," April 7-8, 7 p.m.; Night of Music and Inspiration, April 10, 7:30 p.m.; Mormon Choir Easter Concert, April 14, 7 p.m.; Why I Believe: President and Sister Swinton, April 15, 7 p.m.; Fan-Ya Lin concert, April 21, 7 p.m.; Night of Inspiration and Music, April 22, 7 p.m.; "Artist, Interrupted," April 28, 7 p.m.; Northern Virginia Institute Choir, April 29, 7 p.m. (see www.mormon.org/dc)
Independence Visitors Center: "Witnesses of Christ," art exhibit by Liz Lemon Swindle, through April 30, Independence Visitors Center, 927 W. Walnut, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. (call 816-836-3477 for information)
Kansas City Missouri Temple: Open house, April 7-21, (tickets required, see kansascitymormontemple.org ); dedication, May 6 (tickets from a bishop or branch president required)
Time Out for Women: May 4-5, Long Beach Convention Center, theater, 300 E. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach (see www.tofw.com for registration, cost, presenters and other information)
Time Out for Women: April 20-21, Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center, 2300 North Cameron St., Harrisburg (see www.tofw.com for registration, cost, presenters and other information)
Time Out for Women: April 13-14, Arlington Convention Center, Grand Hall, 1200 Ballpark Way, Arlington (see www.tofw.com for registration, cost, presenters and other information)
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and Winston...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- Nelson Mandela's faith made him a worldwide...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 61
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 26
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 22
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 21
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood'... 20
- Space and religion: How believers view... 13
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 7
- Redskins find new opponent, supporter... 7