Sister Patricia T. Holland to receive LDS Business College's Alumnus Award at historic 125th commencement
SALT LAKE CITY — Sister Patricia T. Holland, an alumna of LDS Business College, will receive the college's highest honor, the 2012 Distinguished Alumnus Award, at the college's commencement April 13.
She is the wife of Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Patricia Holland attended LDS Business College in the 1960s.
She was a counselor in the Young Women general presidency from 1984 to 1986.
The Hollands have two sons, one daughter and 13 grandchildren.
Patricia Holland wrote the book "A Quiet Heart" in response to "utter chaos." She said: "I've had to live a life of frantic flexibility. To survive, I've had to learn how to have a place in my heart that is very quiet and still. … A woman innately has this gift. If she can still her soul, she can become a pipeline to heaven. I would do anything to help every woman realize she doesn't need to be perfect. She just needs to be quietly trying, and seeking the spirit of Christ, which he so freely gives."
College President J. Lawrence Richards said: "Sister Holland's educational experience exemplifies the college's mission. She came with the intent to learn specific skills she needed for the next steps in her life. We're pleased to honor Sister Holland's remarkable life, and her contributions to the community and the church."
- US says fuel economy likely won't meet 2025...
- US homebuilder sentiment slips in July
- Netflix facing tougher times as US subscriber...
- US stock indexes pull back after a strong...
- Goldman 2Q earnings jump, helped by lower...
- Store decor company to expand in Cedar City
- Independent state agencies routinely violate...
- Why your co-workers come to work sick
- Local government board fostered... 16
- Salt Lake's 'passive' house a model of... 6
- BLM releases blueprint for oil and gas... 4
- Provo airport expansion could provide... 4
- Millions being spent gambling at 2... 3
- Goldman 2Q earnings jump, helped by... 1
- Independent state agencies routinely... 1
- Why your co-workers come to work sick 1