Sister Patricia T. Holland to receive LDS Business College's Alumnus Award at historic 125th commencement
SALT LAKE CITY — Sister Patricia T. Holland, an alumna of LDS Business College, will receive the college's highest honor, the 2012 Distinguished Alumnus Award, at the college's commencement April 13.
She is the wife of Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Patricia Holland attended LDS Business College in the 1960s.
She was a counselor in the Young Women general presidency from 1984 to 1986.
The Hollands have two sons, one daughter and 13 grandchildren.
Patricia Holland wrote the book "A Quiet Heart" in response to "utter chaos." She said: "I've had to live a life of frantic flexibility. To survive, I've had to learn how to have a place in my heart that is very quiet and still. … A woman innately has this gift. If she can still her soul, she can become a pipeline to heaven. I would do anything to help every woman realize she doesn't need to be perfect. She just needs to be quietly trying, and seeking the spirit of Christ, which he so freely gives."
College President J. Lawrence Richards said: "Sister Holland's educational experience exemplifies the college's mission. She came with the intent to learn specific skills she needed for the next steps in her life. We're pleased to honor Sister Holland's remarkable life, and her contributions to the community and the church."
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Google taking steps toward robot creation
- UTA's six-person group pass is here for the...
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view milestone;...
- 'Intern Queen' to share advice on college...
- Intermountain Healthcare offering benefits to...
- Green energy option in Logan points to a need...
- Obama declares health care law is... 21
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Amazon's latest idea may make online... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- About Utah: A cheesy way to save the farm 4
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view... 4
- Collecting online sales tax puts Utah... 3