Sister Patricia T. Holland to receive LDS Business College's Alumnus Award at historic 125th commencement
SALT LAKE CITY — Sister Patricia T. Holland, an alumna of LDS Business College, will receive the college's highest honor, the 2012 Distinguished Alumnus Award, at the college's commencement April 13.
She is the wife of Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Patricia Holland attended LDS Business College in the 1960s.
She was a counselor in the Young Women general presidency from 1984 to 1986.
The Hollands have two sons, one daughter and 13 grandchildren.
Patricia Holland wrote the book "A Quiet Heart" in response to "utter chaos." She said: "I've had to live a life of frantic flexibility. To survive, I've had to learn how to have a place in my heart that is very quiet and still. … A woman innately has this gift. If she can still her soul, she can become a pipeline to heaven. I would do anything to help every woman realize she doesn't need to be perfect. She just needs to be quietly trying, and seeking the spirit of Christ, which he so freely gives."
College President J. Lawrence Richards said: "Sister Holland's educational experience exemplifies the college's mission. She came with the intent to learn specific skills she needed for the next steps in her life. We're pleased to honor Sister Holland's remarkable life, and her contributions to the community and the church."
- Knocking doors: What to know before signing...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Young adults prefer to share chores and...
- Nintendo opens 2015 with some big announcements
- Kimberly Rotter: 7 weird things that affect...
- Greek radical left wins election, threatening...
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic' releases;...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 56
- Utah has fourth largest gender wage... 12
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 12
- Another study lists Salt Lake as one of... 10
- Obama idea to trim college savings... 6
- Does taking advantage of family leave... 4
- Greek radical left wins election,... 3
- Knocking doors: What to know before... 3