Utahns flock to Idaho for chance to win biggest lottery jackpot in history
Paul Sakuma, Associated Press
MALAD, Idaho - Thousands of people flocked to a small Idaho town Thursday with big dreams -- half a billion dollars kind of big.
Friday night, the drawing for the largest lottery jackpot in American history will take place - $540 million is at stake. The Mega-Millions lottery lured quite a few hopeful Utahns to towns along the border, where they waited in long lines for a shot at the fortune.
Ogden resident Paul Warren said though he knows the odds of winning are slim, "if you don't play, you can't win."
Click here for full story and video.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 93
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 19
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 13