Our Take: Utah is known for having more pianos per capita than any other state in America. That means thousands of little kids dream of making their way to Carnegie Hall. Four young Utah girls are realizing that dream on April 8th.
SANDY -- Many people dream of playing in Carnegie Hall. Four young Utah girls are getting that chance on April 8th. Their accomplishments come from a combination of natural talent, a lot of discipline, and passion.
Thirteen-year-old Kathy Liu plays a piece for the students at Peruvian Park elementary school. It's a quick concert before heading off to New York to perform on one of the most prestigious stages in the world: Carnegie Hall. It's for the American Protg International Music and Strings Competition.
"I'm going to play the Cat and the Mouse by Aaron Copland," she said.
Click here for the full story.
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- 3 South Jordan siblings battling rare disease...
- Experts debate whether marriage is needed for...
- The Clean Cut: Military father surprises...
- 10 compliments your kids need to hear
- Things that changed my view of marriage... 26
- The economy has begun to recover, but... 24
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 22
- The changing definition of 'TV': What... 15
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 7
- Woman's happiness most important to... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5