Our Take: Utah is known for having more pianos per capita than any other state in America. That means thousands of little kids dream of making their way to Carnegie Hall. Four young Utah girls are realizing that dream on April 8th.
SANDY -- Many people dream of playing in Carnegie Hall. Four young Utah girls are getting that chance on April 8th. Their accomplishments come from a combination of natural talent, a lot of discipline, and passion.
Thirteen-year-old Kathy Liu plays a piece for the students at Peruvian Park elementary school. It's a quick concert before heading off to New York to perform on one of the most prestigious stages in the world: Carnegie Hall. It's for the American Protg International Music and Strings Competition.
"I'm going to play the Cat and the Mouse by Aaron Copland," she said.
Click here for the full story.
- 31 things you might not know about the Harry...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- The Clean Cut: Musician's movie theater...
- Motherhood Matters: 4 ways to help your...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen'
- From Russia with love: Italian swimmer...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an... 109
- Beating the odds: Trip to the White... 4
- Erin Stewart: Put down the phone and drive 2
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash... 2
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker and family... 2
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team... 2
- Mormon thrill ride creator still... 2
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Passing the torch 1