Our Take: Utah is known for having more pianos per capita than any other state in America. That means thousands of little kids dream of making their way to Carnegie Hall. Four young Utah girls are realizing that dream on April 8th.
SANDY -- Many people dream of playing in Carnegie Hall. Four young Utah girls are getting that chance on April 8th. Their accomplishments come from a combination of natural talent, a lot of discipline, and passion.
Thirteen-year-old Kathy Liu plays a piece for the students at Peruvian Park elementary school. It's a quick concert before heading off to New York to perform on one of the most prestigious stages in the world: Carnegie Hall. It's for the American Protg International Music and Strings Competition.
"I'm going to play the Cat and the Mouse by Aaron Copland," she said.
Click here for the full story.
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your kids to...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of history, too
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail near...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 keys to a great family...
- Is this TV show a 'game changer for people...
- 4 tips for planning a successful family hike
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Top parenting ideas,...
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 22
- Amy Iverson: Showing kids how to make... 6
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail... 4
- First-timers and veterans among... 2
- The Clean Cut: 91-year-old widow... 2
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Lessons from sending... 2
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of... 1
- Heart-pounding 'Jason Bourne' makes the... 1