Steven Senne, Associated Press
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney confirmed reports Thursday that he and Newt Gingrich met secretly in New Orleans the day before the Louisiana primary.
But Romney played down the importance of the meeting between the himself and Gingrich, who earlier this week scaled back his campaign and laid off staffers.
Were pretty much in regular communication between the different campaigns and I said hello to Newt, Romney told Sean Hannity in a radio interview. Nothing new, nothing exciting except we keep a friendly discourse open.
Click here for the full story.
- International tax competitiveness report: See...
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land in...
- Islamic State group calls for attacking...
- 'The Lion King' earns record box office
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- 'Maze Runner' races past 'Tombstones' with...
- Why a parent going to prison can be worse...
- Prosecutor: 800 rounds found in White House...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 21
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- Thousands march in NYC, around globe... 9
- How much America wants to be taxed 9
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 8
- Islamic State group calls for attacking... 7
- It's not just young people —... 7