Steven Senne, Associated Press
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney confirmed reports Thursday that he and Newt Gingrich met secretly in New Orleans the day before the Louisiana primary.
But Romney played down the importance of the meeting between the himself and Gingrich, who earlier this week scaled back his campaign and laid off staffers.
Were pretty much in regular communication between the different campaigns and I said hello to Newt, Romney told Sean Hannity in a radio interview. Nothing new, nothing exciting except we keep a friendly discourse open.
Click here for the full story.
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Religious companies can now opt out of paying...
- Deported Mexicans find new life at call centers
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common Core
- Bridezilla, meet 'Bridechilla'
- Photographer is using portraits to combat...
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role in...
- Administration condemns Russian move into...
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 121
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 29
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban... 17
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Another American hostage at risk by... 13