Steven Senne, Associated Press
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney confirmed reports Thursday that he and Newt Gingrich met secretly in New Orleans the day before the Louisiana primary.
But Romney played down the importance of the meeting between the himself and Gingrich, who earlier this week scaled back his campaign and laid off staffers.
Were pretty much in regular communication between the different campaigns and I said hello to Newt, Romney told Sean Hannity in a radio interview. Nothing new, nothing exciting except we keep a friendly discourse open.
Click here for the full story.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic State threat
- At least 31 believed dead at Japanese volcano...
- Interracial marriages on the rise, but social...
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby daughter
- Game officials: Antelope poached near Casper
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be stopped,...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 34
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic... 22
- White House: Holder resigning as... 20
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby... 13
- Police: Fired worker beheaded Oklahoma... 12
- Tens of thousands of immigrant families... 11
- Congress releases war funds to fight Ebola 9