Steven Senne, Associated Press
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney confirmed reports Thursday that he and Newt Gingrich met secretly in New Orleans the day before the Louisiana primary.
But Romney played down the importance of the meeting between the himself and Gingrich, who earlier this week scaled back his campaign and laid off staffers.
Were pretty much in regular communication between the different campaigns and I said hello to Newt, Romney told Sean Hannity in a radio interview. Nothing new, nothing exciting except we keep a friendly discourse open.
Click here for the full story.
- Some countries get Obama, but want his wife, too
- Colorado deaths stoke worries about pot edibles
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Ride-sharing business launches despite...
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew...
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Get married, stay married? No fault divorce...
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 78
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 31
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 28
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Report projects health law's subsidies... 21
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 21
- Police: Student ate more pot than... 18