Steven Senne, Associated Press
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney confirmed reports Thursday that he and Newt Gingrich met secretly in New Orleans the day before the Louisiana primary.
But Romney played down the importance of the meeting between the himself and Gingrich, who earlier this week scaled back his campaign and laid off staffers.
Were pretty much in regular communication between the different campaigns and I said hello to Newt, Romney told Sean Hannity in a radio interview. Nothing new, nothing exciting except we keep a friendly discourse open.
Click here for the full story.
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters in...
- Rubber chickens, afros and clowns: A look at...
- Ferguson businesses torched in overnight...
- In New Zealand, feud over fate of 1902 corpse...
- Immigration reform will boost the economy,...
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in shooting
- Latinos are 'very optimistic' about America's...
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull options
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 67
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in... 30
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell'... 29
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18
- Winners and losers under Obama's... 18
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as... 15
- Boehner: 'We will not stand idle' on... 14
- Ferguson businesses torched in... 14