Steven Senne, Associated Press
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney confirmed reports Thursday that he and Newt Gingrich met secretly in New Orleans the day before the Louisiana primary.
But Romney played down the importance of the meeting between the himself and Gingrich, who earlier this week scaled back his campaign and laid off staffers.
Were pretty much in regular communication between the different campaigns and I said hello to Newt, Romney told Sean Hannity in a radio interview. Nothing new, nothing exciting except we keep a friendly discourse open.
Click here for the full story.
- In Disney World's shadow, homeless families...
- Herbert: Embattled Nevada rancher 'not the...
- Student debt holds back many would-be home...
- Gas explosion forces Wyoming town to evacuate
- Justin Bieber apologizes for Japan war shrine...
- Costa Rica is demanding US explain 'Cuban...
- Sherpas leave Everest; some expeditions nix...
- Everest climbing season in disarray after deaths
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan's... 27
- Affordable Care Act only chips away at... 26
- Judge: Indiana hasn't given valid... 24
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 20
- Herbert: Embattled Nevada rancher 'not... 17
- Vegas’ water drying up 15
- Boogeymen and shady deals define spin... 13
- Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in... 12