Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
HUDSON, Wisconsin — Rick Santorum says Republicans won't win the presidency by nominating a candidate who jokes about firing people.
Santorum was talking about rival Mitt Romney, who joked earlier this week about his father, the former chairman of American Motors, closing a factory in Michigan and moving production to Wisconsin.
Santorum suggested Friday that the quip is more evidence that Romney doesn't understand the struggles of working people. He says working people are the ones who will decide the outcome of the presidential election in November.
Santorum said Romney's only argument is that he has "the math" to win. Santorum says vision, not math, is the key to victory.
The former Pennsylvania senator was campaigning in Wisconsin for the state's primary next week.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- NFL says Husain Abdullah should not have been...
- Luck, instinct determined fates of volcano...
- Obama goal of Gitmo closure stalled at Pentagon
- Officials confirm first Ebola case diagnosed...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Olympian Michael Phelps arrested on DUI charge
- Report: Obama rode elevator with armed man...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 39
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic... 24
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby... 14
- Police: Fired worker beheaded Oklahoma... 13
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 13
- Tens of thousands of immigrant families... 11
- Obama goal of Gitmo closure stalled at... 10