Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
HUDSON, Wisconsin — Rick Santorum says Republicans won't win the presidency by nominating a candidate who jokes about firing people.
Santorum was talking about rival Mitt Romney, who joked earlier this week about his father, the former chairman of American Motors, closing a factory in Michigan and moving production to Wisconsin.
Santorum suggested Friday that the quip is more evidence that Romney doesn't understand the struggles of working people. He says working people are the ones who will decide the outcome of the presidential election in November.
Santorum said Romney's only argument is that he has "the math" to win. Santorum says vision, not math, is the key to victory.
The former Pennsylvania senator was campaigning in Wisconsin for the state's primary next week.
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- Students clean up after mayhem near pumpkin fest
- Friends, family of Dallas Ebola patient reach...
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign of split
- Wanted: Cities interested in hosting 2024...
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Some 60 head of cattle shot in Nevada spree;...
- Indiana man's confession leads to 7 bodies
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 16
- Are teachers getting behind Common... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14
- Utah health officials prepare for... 13
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 12