Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
HUDSON, Wisconsin — Rick Santorum says Republicans won't win the presidency by nominating a candidate who jokes about firing people.
Santorum was talking about rival Mitt Romney, who joked earlier this week about his father, the former chairman of American Motors, closing a factory in Michigan and moving production to Wisconsin.
Santorum suggested Friday that the quip is more evidence that Romney doesn't understand the struggles of working people. He says working people are the ones who will decide the outcome of the presidential election in November.
Santorum said Romney's only argument is that he has "the math" to win. Santorum says vision, not math, is the key to victory.
The former Pennsylvania senator was campaigning in Wisconsin for the state's primary next week.
- Heroes 2014: Ex-CIA officer uses...
- Photo gallery: Christmas around the world
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan combat
- Bad Santa? 5 tips to tackle your holiday gift...
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near Ferguson
- How to help find a cure for Ebola from the...
- Our six heroes of 2014
- Capacity crowds pack screenings of 'The...
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 14
- Obama 's Christmas in Hawaii: Carols,... 14
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 11
- Key developments in the case of slain... 10
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan... 7
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6
- Sony announces limited release for 'The... 5