Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
HUDSON, Wisconsin — Rick Santorum says Republicans won't win the presidency by nominating a candidate who jokes about firing people.
Santorum was talking about rival Mitt Romney, who joked earlier this week about his father, the former chairman of American Motors, closing a factory in Michigan and moving production to Wisconsin.
Santorum suggested Friday that the quip is more evidence that Romney doesn't understand the struggles of working people. He says working people are the ones who will decide the outcome of the presidential election in November.
Santorum said Romney's only argument is that he has "the math" to win. Santorum says vision, not math, is the key to victory.
The former Pennsylvania senator was campaigning in Wisconsin for the state's primary next week.
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts...
- Want to help a sex trafficking victim get on...
- Chess in schools: bringing the classic mind...
- Deseret News National Edition explores...
- Japan's prime minister 'speechless' after...
- Vaccinate the economy against disease
- Possible 2016 GOP candidates pitch ideas at...
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt Lake speech
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt... 87
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts... 77
- Kerry: Violent extremism is not Islamic 27
- House Republicans run into divisions... 21
- Measles outbreak casts spotlight on... 20
- Analysis: Obama seizes on recovery,... 17
- Idaho has 22 breeding wolf pairs, an... 12
- Religious response to postponed... 11