Hamad Almakt) ISRAEL OUT, Associated Press
JERUSALEM — Israel's military has closed off the West Bank as Palestinians and Arabs prepare for protests throughout the region against what they say are discriminatory Israeli land policies.
Thousands of troops and police have been deployed in anticipation of possible violence on Friday.
The military says the closure is "in accordance with security assessments."
It means Palestinians in the West Bank can't enter Israel, unless it's for humanitarian reasons.
The Land Day march is an annual protest marked by Israeli Arabs and Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza. Supporters in neighboring Arab countries are also planning marches near Israel's borders in a solidarity event.
Last year similar demonstrations turned deadly.
- Police, protesters collide again in Ferguson
- Allow student loan bankruptcies, but hold...
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered legal...
- Another American hostage at risk by Islamic...
- Colleges add luxury touches to new football...
- Facebook makes the most obvious move ever...
- Want to increase attraction in your...
- Car crash in Argentina kills 3 relatives of pope
- Texas Gov. Perry says indictment is... 22
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 22
- Obama heading back to DC in rare... 21
- Police, protesters collide again in... 20
- Texas' Perry indicted for coercion for... 19
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 18
- Police identify Missouri officer who... 16
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 14