Haraz N. Ghanbari, Associated Press
In every phase of the health-care delivery system, the state (not the federal government) rules supreme. The state licenses physicians, nurses, therapists, etc. The license to build a hospital or clinic is a state and local decision. Health care is typically rendered at a local level. I don't go to a physician in Washington D.C.
The federal government has no business regulating health care, nor mandating who buys insurance. I don't care how "wonderful" some people think Obamacare is, it defies the constitutional powers delegated to states and the federal government. May the Supreme Court recognize the few and enumerated powers of Congress and render Obamacare unconstitutional.
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 42
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16
- About Utah: His business is fun, games... 15