Haraz N. Ghanbari, Associated Press
In every phase of the health-care delivery system, the state (not the federal government) rules supreme. The state licenses physicians, nurses, therapists, etc. The license to build a hospital or clinic is a state and local decision. Health care is typically rendered at a local level. I don't go to a physician in Washington D.C.
The federal government has no business regulating health care, nor mandating who buys insurance. I don't care how "wonderful" some people think Obamacare is, it defies the constitutional powers delegated to states and the federal government. May the Supreme Court recognize the few and enumerated powers of Congress and render Obamacare unconstitutional.
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance...
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- Will November be a referendum on Obamacare?
- My view: The 'resource curse' and rush for...
- George F. Will: Squandered potential:...
- In our opinion: On matters of panhandling or...
- My view: The sage grouse is worth protecting
- Former Democratic congressman: 'It is...
- It doesn't have to be hard for... 60
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration... 52
- Letter: End daylight saving time 46
- Obama shows his funny side while... 40
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC 34
- Letter: Invite the divine 33
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance... 33
- My view: SB54 will politically and... 30