Haraz N. Ghanbari, Associated Press
In every phase of the health-care delivery system, the state (not the federal government) rules supreme. The state licenses physicians, nurses, therapists, etc. The license to build a hospital or clinic is a state and local decision. Health care is typically rendered at a local level. I don't go to a physician in Washington D.C.
The federal government has no business regulating health care, nor mandating who buys insurance. I don't care how "wonderful" some people think Obamacare is, it defies the constitutional powers delegated to states and the federal government. May the Supreme Court recognize the few and enumerated powers of Congress and render Obamacare unconstitutional.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 48
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37