Haraz N. Ghanbari, Associated Press
In every phase of the health-care delivery system, the state (not the federal government) rules supreme. The state licenses physicians, nurses, therapists, etc. The license to build a hospital or clinic is a state and local decision. Health care is typically rendered at a local level. I don't go to a physician in Washington D.C.
The federal government has no business regulating health care, nor mandating who buys insurance. I don't care how "wonderful" some people think Obamacare is, it defies the constitutional powers delegated to states and the federal government. May the Supreme Court recognize the few and enumerated powers of Congress and render Obamacare unconstitutional.
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising...
- Involve Utahns in national monument designations
- Letter: Welfare reform
- Legitimate, productive businesses are...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Becoming mentally...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- Helping kids master what matters: Emotions,...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 80
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 54
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising... 53
- Capitalism and the common good:... 45
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 39
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Federal contracting... 36