Stew Milne, Associated Press
STORRS, Conn. — The UConn's women's basketball players would really enjoy proving their coach wrong.
Geno Auriemma predicted before the season began that UConn could not win a national championship after losing two time national player of the year Maya Moore to graduation.
The Huskies (33-4) are heading to Denver where they will play Sunday in the program's 13th Final Four and fifth in a row.
UConn's Bria Hartley says this year's trip may be even sweeter than last year's because the Huskies earned it without having a pre-season All-American on the team.
The Huskies will face a familiar foe in Notre Dame. It's a rematch of last year's national semifinal, when the Irish beat the Huskies.
Notre Dame has won three of their last four meetings, but UConn beat the Irish in the recent Big East tournament.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28