Our take: Google's new project is a fascinating look at wind patterns.
A new project recording the wind patterns across America shows a mesmerizing map that could help predict storms.
Wind Map, which has been developed by Google computer scientists shows streams of wind moving across the US and where they are at their strongest.
Updated ever hour from the National Weather Service's forecast database, the map charts streams of wind as they make their way across the whole country.
Read the complete story and view photos here.
Check out Wind Map here.
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- Dirty creek, old purse solve four-decade...
- Police: Student ate more pot than recommended...
- How does the world feel about morals and...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
- Get married, stay married? No fault divorce...
- Sentenced but never jailed, robber who went...
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 30
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 24
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 23
- Bureau of Land Management to pursue... 22
- Report projects health law's subsidies... 21
- Sentenced but never jailed, robber who... 16