Paul S. Edwards: Wind Map of U.S. patterns blows you away
Our take: Google's new project is a fascinating look at wind patterns.
A new project recording the wind patterns across America shows a mesmerizing map that could help predict storms.
Wind Map, which has been developed by Google computer scientists shows streams of wind moving across the US and where they are at their strongest.
Updated ever hour from the National Weather Service's forecast database, the map charts streams of wind as they make their way across the whole country.
Read the complete story and view photos here.
Check out Wind Map here.
- The 20 most innovative tech hubs in America...
- 17 years later, parents find kidnapped...
- 34 of the best Lemony Snicket quotes
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Couple married 67 years dies holding hands
- Russia's Nemtsov a possible 'sacrificial...
- Venezuela officials detain, free 4 Christian...
- From Iraq to New York, a busy week for...
- FCC approves 'net neutrality' rules for... 26
- Congress OKs 1-week bill to keep... 23
- Clinton says she would push... 16
- Democrats caught between Obama,... 16
- Calling for cooperation, Obama engages... 15
- 'Jihadi John' seen in beheading videos... 13
- Leonard Nimoy, famous as Mr. Spock on... 13
- Obama aide calls Netanyahu visit... 12