Paul S. Edwards: Wind Map of U.S. patterns blows you away
Our take: Google's new project is a fascinating look at wind patterns.
A new project recording the wind patterns across America shows a mesmerizing map that could help predict storms.
Wind Map, which has been developed by Google computer scientists shows streams of wind moving across the US and where they are at their strongest.
Updated ever hour from the National Weather Service's forecast database, the map charts streams of wind as they make their way across the whole country.
Read the complete story and view photos here.
Check out Wind Map here.
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
- Child sex trafficking bust reveals worries...
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should offer...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against Obama
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 47
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 27
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 19
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 13
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule;... 12