Paul S. Edwards: Wind Map of U.S. patterns blows you away
Our take: Google's new project is a fascinating look at wind patterns.
A new project recording the wind patterns across America shows a mesmerizing map that could help predict storms.
Wind Map, which has been developed by Google computer scientists shows streams of wind moving across the US and where they are at their strongest.
Updated ever hour from the National Weather Service's forecast database, the map charts streams of wind as they make their way across the whole country.
Read the complete story and view photos here.
Check out Wind Map here.
- California orders churches, others to pay for...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- 2 dead in shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- Inspector: 'Serious lapse' at Secret Service
- Government ups air bag warning to 7.8M vehicles
- US: IS earns $1M per day in black market oil...
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign of split
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex marriage
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 113
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 22
- California orders churches, others to... 20
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 16
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 10
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- At rallies, Obama casts 2014 as key for... 8
- This type of high school can increase... 8