Paul S. Edwards: Wind Map of U.S. patterns blows you away
Our take: Google's new project is a fascinating look at wind patterns.
A new project recording the wind patterns across America shows a mesmerizing map that could help predict storms.
Wind Map, which has been developed by Google computer scientists shows streams of wind moving across the US and where they are at their strongest.
Updated ever hour from the National Weather Service's forecast database, the map charts streams of wind as they make their way across the whole country.
Read the complete story and view photos here.
Check out Wind Map here.
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at opponents
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on state...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Feds chase treasure hunter turned fugitive
- Deaths in storm drains raise safety issue
- The best (and worst) states when it comes to...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 65
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 16
- US, Arab allies committed to fighting... 15
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 14
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 11