COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State opened spring football practice on Wednesday as the Buckeyes' basketball team prepared for its second trip to the Final Four in the last six years.
Perfect symmetry there.
The basketball team is usually playing in the shadow of goal posts on the Ohio State campus. Football gets most of the attention, even when it's bad. Coach Urban Meyer was brought in to resurrect the program from a scandal that resulted in a bowl ban for the 2012 season.
Jared Sullinger thinks the basketball team could help shape Ohio State as an elite basketball school by winning a national championship. The Buckeyes haven't done that since 1960.
Coach Thad Matta would like to have the best of both in Columbus — basketball and football programs competing for titles.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19