COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State opened spring football practice on Wednesday as the Buckeyes' basketball team prepared for its second trip to the Final Four in the last six years.
Perfect symmetry there.
The basketball team is usually playing in the shadow of goal posts on the Ohio State campus. Football gets most of the attention, even when it's bad. Coach Urban Meyer was brought in to resurrect the program from a scandal that resulted in a bowl ban for the 2012 season.
Jared Sullinger thinks the basketball team could help shape Ohio State as an elite basketball school by winning a national championship. The Buckeyes haven't done that since 1960.
Coach Thad Matta would like to have the best of both in Columbus — basketball and football programs competing for titles.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45