COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State opened spring football practice on Wednesday as the Buckeyes' basketball team prepared for its second trip to the Final Four in the last six years.
Perfect symmetry there.
The basketball team is usually playing in the shadow of goal posts on the Ohio State campus. Football gets most of the attention, even when it's bad. Coach Urban Meyer was brought in to resurrect the program from a scandal that resulted in a bowl ban for the 2012 season.
Jared Sullinger thinks the basketball team could help shape Ohio State as an elite basketball school by winning a national championship. The Buckeyes haven't done that since 1960.
Coach Thad Matta would like to have the best of both in Columbus — basketball and football programs competing for titles.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 29
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans... 19