COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State opened spring football practice on Wednesday as the Buckeyes' basketball team prepared for its second trip to the Final Four in the last six years.
Perfect symmetry there.
The basketball team is usually playing in the shadow of goal posts on the Ohio State campus. Football gets most of the attention, even when it's bad. Coach Urban Meyer was brought in to resurrect the program from a scandal that resulted in a bowl ban for the 2012 season.
Jared Sullinger thinks the basketball team could help shape Ohio State as an elite basketball school by winning a national championship. The Buckeyes haven't done that since 1960.
Coach Thad Matta would like to have the best of both in Columbus — basketball and football programs competing for titles.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33