Gerry Broome, Associated Press
RALEIGH, N.C. — Skylar Diggins had a triple-double and Notre Dame claimed its second straight berth in the national semifinals by beating Maryland 80-49 on Tuesday night in the Raleigh Regional final.
Diggins did it all for the top-seeded Fighting Irish (34-3). The Big East player of the year and AP All-America selection finished with 22 points, 11 assists, 10 rebounds — and five steals.
Natalie Achonwa added 18 points while Kayla McBride had 16 and Natalie Novosel finished with 14. Next up for the Irish: Big East rival Connecticut on Sunday in Denver.
Alyssa Thomas scored 17 points and Tianna Hawkins and Alicia DeVaughn each had 10. Second-seeded Maryland (31-5) was denied its first Final Four since the Terrapins won the 2006 national title.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16