The Daily Times, Laura Emmons) NO SALES, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Newt Gingrich has laid off a number of staff members in a last ditch effort to take his presidential campaign to the Republican convention.
Senior adviser Randy Evans says several Gingrich staffers have been let go to focus on technological improvements for the campaign.
Evans says the campaign will focus less on field organizing and more on technical enhancements. He calls the decision a matter of cost efficiency for the campaign.
Gingrich has not won a primary since his victory in his home state of Georgia earlier this month. The former House speaker also lost primaries in Alabama and Mississippi and caucuses in Louisiana despite his stated goal of pursuing a Southern strategy that would take him to the GOP nomination.
Campaign layoffs were first reported by Politico.
- Boy Scouts open membership to all boys,...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- Abercrombie & Fitch CEO posts statement on...
- One third of millenials regret going to college
- Stories behind viral Oklahoma tragedy photos...
- Brave woman tried to reason with London...
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- Why $1 billion doesn't mean what it used to...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 54
- Journalists criticize Obama... 38
- Boy Scouts open membership to all boys,... 35
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 23
- IRS official Lerner invokes Fifth... 22
- Former IRS chief to Congress: Can't say... 21
- More Obama aides knew IRS targeted... 19
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17