The Daily Times, Laura Emmons) NO SALES, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Newt Gingrich has laid off a number of staff members in a last ditch effort to take his presidential campaign to the Republican convention.
Senior adviser Randy Evans says several Gingrich staffers have been let go to focus on technological improvements for the campaign.
Evans says the campaign will focus less on field organizing and more on technical enhancements. He calls the decision a matter of cost efficiency for the campaign.
Gingrich has not won a primary since his victory in his home state of Georgia earlier this month. The former House speaker also lost primaries in Alabama and Mississippi and caucuses in Louisiana despite his stated goal of pursuing a Southern strategy that would take him to the GOP nomination.
Campaign layoffs were first reported by Politico.
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- NCAA settles head injury suit, will change rules
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Navajo Generating Station, West's largest...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 43
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 15
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10