The Daily Times, Laura Emmons) NO SALES, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Newt Gingrich has laid off a number of staff members in a last ditch effort to take his presidential campaign to the Republican convention.
Senior adviser Randy Evans says several Gingrich staffers have been let go to focus on technological improvements for the campaign.
Evans says the campaign will focus less on field organizing and more on technical enhancements. He calls the decision a matter of cost efficiency for the campaign.
Gingrich has not won a primary since his victory in his home state of Georgia earlier this month. The former House speaker also lost primaries in Alabama and Mississippi and caucuses in Louisiana despite his stated goal of pursuing a Southern strategy that would take him to the GOP nomination.
Campaign layoffs were first reported by Politico.
- Utah humanitarian aid worker returns from...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold line on...
- A place with a view: Inside NYC's tallest...
- Cause sought for space-supply rocket explosion
- Gunfire, arrests erupt as Giants fans revel...
- New dynasty: Giants capture 3rd title in 5 years
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution is not...
- Israeli leader lashes back at harsh US criticism
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 62
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 29
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 24
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- George P. Bush says dad Jeb Bush is... 15
- Obama on Ebola fight: US can't seal... 13
- News Guide: A look at latest Ebola... 9