The Daily Times, Laura Emmons) NO SALES, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Newt Gingrich has laid off a number of staff members in a last ditch effort to take his presidential campaign to the Republican convention.
Senior adviser Randy Evans says several Gingrich staffers have been let go to focus on technological improvements for the campaign.
Evans says the campaign will focus less on field organizing and more on technical enhancements. He calls the decision a matter of cost efficiency for the campaign.
Gingrich has not won a primary since his victory in his home state of Georgia earlier this month. The former House speaker also lost primaries in Alabama and Mississippi and caucuses in Louisiana despite his stated goal of pursuing a Southern strategy that would take him to the GOP nomination.
Campaign layoffs were first reported by Politico.
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- Students clean up after mayhem near pumpkin fest
- Friends, family of Dallas Ebola patient reach...
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign of split
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Some 60 head of cattle shot in Nevada spree;...
- CDC to revise Ebola protocol, Pentagon preps...
- 3 Ohioans now quarantined after Ebola nurse...
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 16
- Are teachers getting behind Common... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14
- Utah health officials prepare for... 13
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 12