Davis said he will sit down after the season and talk with Kentucky coaches and his family about this future. Other talented Wildcats might do the same, including freshmen Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Marquis Teague, along with sophomores Terrence Jones and Doron Lamb.
Davis said he really began to think about it Monday night
"I came into Michael's room, 11 o'clock at night, I knew he was up and I walked in there and he was just looking at me. I said, 'What's going on with you? What are you looking at?' He was like, 'Man, bro, this is our last time playing, the season is almost over,'" Davis said. "I remember at the beginning of the year me and Mike, we were in our locker room like, 'Man, we've got our first game Nov. 2.'
"I remember it like it was yesterday, like, I can't wait for this first game. I'm going to be nervous, first chance putting on a Kentucky uniform. It was great, but now it's about to be over."
Not yet. There's still some unfinished business for Davis, who is averaging 14.3 points and 10.1 rebounds per game.
Big Blue Nation believes this is finally the year to break the title drought that dates to 1998. Davis has been awed by how the fans have gobbled up everything about the group — even what he calls the "unibrow situation."
"When I first came here, people were like, 'oh man, you should cut it, you should cut it.' I was like, 'No. I'm not. No,'" Davis said. "They embraced it. Now everybody's got a shirt — everyone has a 'Bow to the Brow' shirt. The Wildcat (mascot) has (a unibrow). He even had a green one and a black one for St. Patrick's Day."
It's those memories and all the little things Davis cherishes the most about Lexington. His twin sister, Antoinette, lives one building over. He's almost inseparable with Kidd-Gilchrist. And he can even make his coach smile, thanks to a $30 magic kit.
"There's this one (trick) Cal loves," Davis said. "I have a little cloth and I just make it disappear and show him my hands. I just stuff inside my fist and I open my hands and it's gone. I pull it back out and there it is. He always gets amazed by that."
Kentucky hopes he has two more tricks up his sleeve.
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- First steps: Utes open season with... 56
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 45
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42