INDIANAPOLIS — Quarterback Drew Stanton is ready for a new start in another new city.
The career backup says he's eager to get acclimated with his Colts teammates, learn another playbook and perhaps battle for a starting job. His comments come four days after being traded from the New York Jets to the Indianapolis Colts, his third team in less than two months.
Stanton notes the strange twists went full circle. Peyton Manning was released by the Colts on March 7 and signed last week with Denver. The Broncos then traded last year's starter, Tim Tebow, to the Jets, and the Jets traded Stanton, who had recently signed a one-year contract to backup Mark Sanchez, to Indy.
Stanton says he's excited to work with new offensive coordinator Bruce Arians.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34